[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DFCP 2019 Race #5A - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval

DFCP 2019 Race #5A - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval

The legendary proxy race.

DFCP 2019 Race #5A - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval

Postby manchvegasracer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am

Last edited by manchvegasracer on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DFCP 2019 Race #6 - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval

Postby manchvegasracer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Last edited by manchvegasracer on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Wow! That is some close racing, looking forward to the event!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:21 am

I suspected the 26 and 62 COY cars would be up front. Also the 22 and 9 COT, I guess ANRP oval and IRB oval may be similar?

Looks like it will be some very close racing Saturday!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:14 am

I know I don't participate in this proxy, but I do observe with interest as I'm a fan of proxy builders. A screen name would sure make it easier for observers to know who's who. Although it's added work it sure would be appreciated.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 pm

I must agree with Brumos. Makes it easier than having to go to the registration thread and figure out which car belongs to who. IJS
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi guys, qualifying updated with owner names as requested. The oval race was run this evening. Results in the morning. The Roval race was postponed until next weekend. So, Race #6 was done before Race #5. Hope that is ok for everyone.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am

Thank you for including the screen names. I'm keeping a close eye on that Lee Thorndyke car as well as the usual suspects.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

2019 DFCP RACE RESULTS: ANRP OVAL

Postby manchvegasracer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 am

manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DFCP 2019 Race #5 - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Hats off to Josh and the crew at ANRP for their first event hosted for the DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series.

Home track advantage seems to have played out on this won, with the 26 and 62 taking the top 2 spots in the COY class.

Congratulations to my fellow podium finishers! This series is very competitive and the quality of builds is outstanding.

I look forward to the first Roval race of the season
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:27 pm

WOW WOW WOW,
Great pictures and reporting. Great job for a first time host. Hats off to you and the crew. Congratulations on your home track wins in COY. Congratulations to all podium finishers in both classes. I see my #45 COT got another top five finish. Can't say much for my COY cars. The #12 COT is struggling. OK lets see how they run on the Roval.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

DFCP 2019 Race #5 - Amoskeag North Race Park Oval Photos

Postby manchvegasracer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Here is a link to the photo album from the race:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1mm1q9ypw/

Both races on the oval were very competitive and fun to watch. There were very few offs and most of the cars were very close in performance. As you can see from the fast laps, the cars all got around the track best in the Red lane. It was the shortest way around and there was a particularly quick driver in that lane.

Class notes:

COY

This class seemed best suited for the length of my oval (approx. 45ft). Gearing seemed to be a major deciding factor as some cars could really corner quickly, but would stall out a bit on the straights. Those cars that were faster down the straights would consistently have a loose corner entry if driven too deep. They were all very enjoyable to drive during qualifying. Dickie, Andy, and Matthew also agreed these cars were a lot of fun.

COT

This was a very challenging class to get right on my small oval. Many of the cars (almost all) were a bit overpowered and it was hard to get that power to hook up. It required a more patient driving approach to "go fast". All of the cars went faster in the race than in their qualifying laps (most in the Red lane). Wheel hop (chatter) on exit and in the apex of the corners seemed to be a major culprit in any lack of performance. Again, the challenge of getting these cars to work was part of the fun.

I want congratulate all of the builders. It is really cool to see so many folks from different places able to build cars that can compete on so many different tracks. I am looking forward to the Roval race. Stay tuned....
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:42 pm

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:24 pm

As one of the drivers, I really enjoyed driving all the cars, but I have to say the 83 Sinclair entry is a sweet driving rig!! :music-rockout:
Beautiful paint job, and handled Josh's oval like it was built and tuned here. I wanted to take it home with me, but my "twin" said no... :lol:

Looking forward to driving them in the road course section!!! :banana-dance:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series