DFCP Race 4 The Manure Pile

The legendary proxy race.

DFCP Race 4 The Manure Pile

Postby RichD » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:17 pm

We expect to do race #4 next Wednesday, June 12th. Qualification runs have not yet been been scheduled.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Qualifying Results

Postby RichD » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm

RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DFCP Race 4 The Manure Pile

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Rich, thanks for the qualifying results. It is always helpful to the racers to see where they slot in compared to the other cars they are racing against in the points.

It looks like another close battle between the 5-10 range in both classes
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:32 am

Thankyou RichD great job on the Q Rounds Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 am

Rich,
Thanks to you and all who helped in qualifying. May Team Martin race to the top.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 am

Track owner Mcmannix qualified the cars, he sent me pictures of the results which I copied into an Excel spreadsheet so they could be sorted. We have enough drivers signed up to do the race tomorrow. I will take pictures and hopefully I will remember to shoot the computer screen at the end of each race so we will also have the best lap time for each car. I do not think that Trackmate saves that information. At the end of each race at Ivoryton we printed the results and only the number of laps for each heat and the total laps for each car printed out.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 am

Rich, IIRC you can toggle between the laps totals and lap times on the results page... I’ll see if I can fire up my copy of TrackMate and see if I can provide any insight
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:33 pm

thanks to all involved for qualifying, still hovering at the bottom, hopefully improved during the race
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm

I did some looking myself. At the end of a race if you hit View Data, then Race Results there should be a sorted list of the racers with their laps for each heat, total laps and fastest lap. As I mentioned earlier Trackmate does not always break ties correctly and once in a while it does not sort the list. If you go on to another race I believe that the Race Results screen will be lost. I have Trackmate set up to save the race results as a text file, I called up the text file for the last race and what was displayed was not a sorted list. The results showed the data heat by heat with each racer's laps and best time for each heat. Figuring out the total laps and best time for each racer would involve some extra effort. I have Excel on both my desktop and track computer, it is easier to just enter the data and let Excel do the sorting. Once that is done I do a screen grab and upload that to a hosting site so the results will show in my post.
Last edited by RichD on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:31 pm

I don’t believe anyone was asking for lap by lap times, just best lap.

What I was mentioning was showing best lap per driver in each lane.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:54 am

We did the race last night, however there was a hitch. We made a note of the finishing positions and I took pictures of the screens, when I got home and looked at the pictures the screen for the COY race had not been scrolled down enough. The results for the last five cars were missing. If the auto save feature was checked off in the Trackmate setup that information can be recovered along with the best lap times. I sent an e-mail to Mcmannix last night, hopefully he will get a chance to see if he can find the file, possibly I will have to drop by the Manure Pile locate the files. A search for Notepad will get a list of the .txt files. For the table I knew that the #2 car was in last place, it suffered a pinion gear failure and did not finish. I ordered the other four cars by their qualifying positions, hopefully we can correct that soon.

Last edited by RichD on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:21 am

Rich, I have the cars now. I can unpack them and send you a picture of the COY cars in the right order. I will do that when I get home tonight. REL13
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:46 am

Don't bother, I had to correct my post because I actually had the correct laps for the podium cars written on the sheet that had all of the partial laps. I just put in the actual laps for the #62 car and re-sorted the table. We still need to fix the last five cars.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:56 am

Rich and crew thanks for the completion of this round. Congratulations to the podium finishers in both classes. Thanks for getting the #45 COT car into the top five. And the band played on 8-)
:text-thankyouyellow:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:41 am

OMG, I read that right? The #31 COY takes the win?!?! I am amazed! I knew the car was good but I didn't expect a win.
Thanks to the hosts and drivers for running this round, that is sooooo cool!!! :text-thankyouyellow: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series