[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Build Thread

2019 Build Thread

The legendary proxy race.

Re: 2019 Build Thread

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:36 am

Mike,
You know this year the motor was changed in COY to the H&R Hawk and Gator. Looks like you are still Piranha powered.
I could not get my Scaley to run decent laps with either motor. Same weight at 99 grams. Go figure!? :think: So both of my cars will be SCX Dodges. 8-)

It doesn't look like I'll have that new paint scheme on the #43 after all. Decals still have not arrived from down under. The #43 is 1 sec slower than the #42 but I left it weight balanced for road-courses.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am

My car is supposed to be in COT. I didn't have a chassis for my Artin that was going to COY. Did I miss something on the different gen of stock cars?

I assumed since this didn't have the wing, and had the spoiler it was good to go.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Well I can't see the front of your car but the body with the spoiler looks like a COY. Did you make the spoiler? If you did it sure looks factory.
I looked at your picture again. That is a Scaley Chevy COY division. Change your motor. Here is a picture of a Scaley COT car.All COT cars Scaley, SCX, Carrera came with wings. Must remove wing and add a spoiler. Bruce at CincySlots has two of these #97 Sharpie Ford COY. They are getting harder to find new.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Well looks like you are right Arrold, mine is a COY. It was a white kit I had for a while I presumed it was the right car.
It left this morning for the proxy.
Dang it if it looked closer, I had a hawk and could have reduced its weight to spec. Crap! :oops:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Well Mike maybe Scott will give you a break and let you ship him a motor for replacement. Not sure when the first race is scheduled but in the past it has been a week or two after the due date.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:29 am

My cars will be shipping to NEPA on Friday.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:27 pm

Chatted with Scott, I will have a Hawk motor heading his way to rectify the motor issue. It is indeed a COY car( I need to read a little more closely next time). :D

Thanks for the heads up gang, I think I averted a failed inspection. :auto-driving:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:44 pm

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Mike,
Welcome to the group. Yes there will be a lot of banter from some. Good group of guys building these cars. Once upon a time my cars were always in the top 5-10. No more. :violin: A lot of good builders here. :) I have done what the sports guys call analytics but still getting stomped. Change a gear here there and you say surely this is better. Not :think: Its all in fun but dagnabit a win every now and then would be nice. Can't even be assured of home track advantage any more. Scott, Ken, Lance, Dale,REL and some guy name GAS41Tcleaned my clock last year. So far Dariusz hasn't joined but if an when he does :doh: Got to up my A game. :D. Cars will hit the hauler Sunday or Monday. Trying to get my COT cars dialed in. Looks like it will now be the #45 Carrera. My #2 and #12 are still struggling. Motor swaps will happen over the weekend.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Well the crew has been in the shop most of the afternoon working on my COT Stable.

First up Number 12 Penske Dodge. Off the truck it turned twenty laps in 59.95 secs FL 2.91 secs. The drive line guys made a gear change which brought the power on. Then the chassis guys had to make some tweaks to get the extra power to the ground. Out 3 20 lap qualifying runs fastest was a 55.78 secs FL 2.58 secs. This is .05 secs slower than Scott 2018 qualifying time of 55.63 secs FL 2.55 secs. Last year this car qualified 4th with a time of 57.71 secs FL 2.69. about a 2 sec improvement. Still on old rubber tires that have seen 2 seasons I think. This car will also need to go to the body shop to get a new rear spoiler.

Next up the SCX Pro number 2 Penske Dodge. Third Picture. Off the truck this thing was terrible. 1.05.05 FL 2.92. After the gear change and chassis work times were down to a fast 56.80 FL 2.62. This car qualified last year at 1.01.92 FL of 2.84 secs. So this car has seen a 4 sec improvement. Old tires whose glue had come a loose. The Hansen Hard as Nails is drying as I type.

Was working on the #45 Carrera Dodge as well. It has run 58-57.89 secs FL 2.69 This would have placed it in 5th last year.

If you other guys have not made any improvements :lol: this would have put both cars in the top 5 of last years qualifying. Hopefully it will hold up for 2019. My goal was to get the cars competitive with a target of 55 secs. Which only Scott hit last year in COT. There were 2 cars at 56 secs, Scott and Ken and 2 cars at 57 secs me and Harley Dean.

So I hope getting these cars in the 55-57 sec range here translates over to the other tracks. Not sure at this time which car will not make the journey. Tomorrow will tell. I feel good with the 55 the #12 will definitely make the hauler.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:38 pm

Well the #45 bumped the #2 with a 20 lap time of 55.85 FL 2.65. The #12 which looked good the other night kept clocking 59 secs. So I tore into it trying to regain that 55/56 time. Just got it back together in time to make the drive to the airport post office with 10 mins to spare. Don't you just hate it when today the car runs this way and tomorrow its a turd!!!!! :| I just hope these two cars do better this year. The #12 has been dancing since the start of the COT class. This is the #45s third and best looking outing per testing. Not sure what to expect out of the #12 now. I was about to swap the chassis with the #2 in the picture but ran out of time. Oh well :think:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series