2019 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

The legendary proxy race.

Re: 2019 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

Postby REL13 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:18 pm

I did not realize that the 1400's did not fit the stock wheels. I already had the CBD wheels, so I never looked that close at the chart. I just looked to make sure they fit 15x8 CBD wheels.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Ken,Scott
Not sure which year SuperTires introduced the rounded sidewalls. But if you look at a stock SCX COY Dodge Charger the stock tires are slightly outside of the fenders. Since going to YD Tires as the spec tire as stated I modified the chassis to get the tires under the fenders. Was not trying to shame any director. Just stating what Bruce and others allowed as far as the SCX Dodge body. (see pic) Dodge rear axle is wider than the Chevy by 2mm I will no doubt if I don't modify the chassis be sanding down the sidewall.Other option would be to paint a Chevy or Ford and decal it as a MOPAR. Just got a Jim Heller repaint body as a Dodge which is actually a Scaley Ford Taurus. Should have no tire problems if I choose to go this route. Didn't mean to start any confusion.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:36 pm

A key point of focus on the tire width rule should be where the measurement takes place. "As viewed from above the car and measured at 90 degrees from a flat surface plate to the top center of the wheel well opening". So only at the top center of the wheel well is where the tire must be flush or inside the wheel well. The COT bodies and some of the COY's as well have a narrowing taper on the quarter panels toward the rear bumper. If the rear tire is seen from above protruding from this narrowed area but the tire is not seen or measured at the top center opening the car has been deemed legal in that area.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series