[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

Re: GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

Postby arroldn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Got a box in the mail today full of goodies. Also found a 25K Flat 6 already mounted in an angle-winder motor pod that drops right in. So I'll be doing a lot of testing starting tomorrow.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 am

Sounds promising, Arrold - good luck!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:20 am

Well I had to adjust to the torque of the Flat-6. The Huracan started out running 20 laps in 56 sec. Got it down to 53 secs with weight placement and tweaking. Put in the Flat-6 last night and it dropped into the 52.62 sec range. 2 secs off the pace of the ThunderSlot Lola. Put the ScaleAuto Viper on the track. The tires failed to hookup on my Scaley Sport. Had to do some chassis tweaking at first to get the ride height correct and both front tires planted. Hopefully I can find some tires that will hookup. All the tires I have are too wide to fit in the current angle-winder configuration. Just a little disappointed with the out of the box performance. There is a 28K motor in the box. I'll test it in the Huracan as well. Hopefully it doesn't fail like the first one. May even try the first motor even though it is only turning 22-24K.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Found some tires that fit the rim about 9.5 mm wide. Now we're talking. Constant 20 laps of 53.69-53.66 Fast lap 2.40-2.53 secs. completely stock with the exception of NSR rubber on the rear. Slot.it ZGrip on the front didn't make much difference in lap times. .01-.02 secs slower than the stock front tires. Also slower fast laps. So do I go back to stock on the front????? Note the 2.53 secs vs 2.40 secs. Well the Viper is currently slower than the Huracan by 1 Sec. But the Huracan has 4,000 RPM higher motor. Now to drop in the 28K motors and see if we can drop closer to 20 laps in 50 secs.

These times are 2 secs under the fastest COT Proxy Time of 55 secs which before the 50 secs of the ThunderSlot Lola set the track record.

I think the rear tires actually may have to much grip. Wants to spin out in turn 4 when pushed hard. I also think softer braids will help.

So 2-3 Secs slower than the CanAm Car. Is this quick enough to make the field? :think:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:36 pm

I think you are going to have to be able to run nearly as fast as the can am cars just to get into this one. That is what I am aiming for....

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:57 pm

I too am shooting for an equal time as my CanAm car. Thus the 28K motors waiting to be dropped in. It's amazing what that 21K ThunderSlot motor is doing against those with more RPMs.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:55 pm

Looks like Jim's new GT3 build is performing nicely, I'll go out on a limb and say it will be at the pointy end of the field.

Can't say the same for mine, only just finished the 1st design of my new chassis. No idea if it will work and I'm running out of time.

Cheers,

- Cam
Camber

Postby Kevan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 am

There's 1/12th LMP chassis design at the back end and a little at the front. I've often thought of building something like this but never got past the design stage...sharp end...more like the end of the sharp end!
Kevan

Postby Fast Co. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:52 am

It seems that a lot of the top contenders are going with ScaleAuto GT3 cars.

I recently acquired a couple, but I have no experience tuning them so this late in the game I am committing myself to building an NSR Corvette C6R.

After numerous frustrating failures with 4 various motors and countless gear combinations I finally stumbled on a combination that may be good enough to put me in the middle of this highly competitive field. I tried everything from a 25k sidewinder to 21.5k and 29k angle winders, but an NSR 25k 350 g-cm angle winder seems to be quick enough and controllable with 12/34 gearing. Running just the chassis without a front end, la macchina is turning lap times at the Trace in the low 5.8s. That's about 8/100ths slower than the 5.735s track record recently set by Brumos RSR's McLaren M6 on my track during Round 3 of the Can Am Proxy. Of course, I'll probably lose another 2/10ths when I add the rest of the bits. I'm hoping to preserve some of that speed with tire work.

I was going to enter the car with a custom painted white body, but since I've devoted more time to the chassis than I expected I'm now leaning toward entering it with my well-worn black and yellow #3 Compuware body.
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fast Co. » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:41 am

So, I put the front end on the car, zero grips glued and trued, axle height adjusted, wheels spinning freely. All seems good. With the body attached took it to the track for some time trials. One half second slower than the chassis without front end! Yikes! That's 3 tenths slower than my target and about where chassis 001 is performing with a 19k Spanish King! The car is a bit too loose in the rear end. Not undriveable, but it is costing me precious tenths.

Looking at the car, I notice that there is not much play between body and chassis even though body screws are backed off a good bit. I may need to bore out the holes in the chassis just a tad to get some float. The rear tires are quite meaty and fill the rear wheel wells and while there isn't any body contact it wouldn't hurt to take some more rubber off the tires to lower the profile and cog. So, back to the bench this afternoon. I'm too far into this NSR to abandon it for something else.

Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:21 am

IMG_5490.JPGNo matter what I do, it's still the second fastest Gt3 chassis I own. I shaved 3/10ths of a second with weight tuning but it's still very twitchy. I will go down on RPM and and a tooth on the gear and try one more time before I need to ship to Canada.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:40 am

Very interesting chassis, Tony. Who makes that one, or is it a custom?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:15 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!