[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

Re: GT3 Proxy 2020_Registration Rules & Info (UPDATED)

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Spent the evening at the Edmonton track putting the #20 Porsche through its paces. Dariuz drove it and provided some feedback. Car looks promising, and testing it on a big wood track like this really helps shake out the chassis to help in tuning. Getting feedback from Dariuz is proceless and suggestions made will be acted on in an effort to get the BARC entry into the field.

Some guide modifications, gear ratio tweaking and front wheel prep will hopefully take the nervousness out of the car to let the drivers get the most out of it

Thanks again Tom, Dariuz and to the Edmonton Club for the track time to fine tune the BARC chassis. Now I know what Super Sport means in racing.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

Postby F1Fan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:37 pm

Post your pictures and ideas about building your 2020 entry in this new thread, looking forward to seeing how you progress.

Thanks to BARC and others that have shared their progress thus far.

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: GT3 Proxy 2020_Edition_build thread

Postby arroldn » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 pm

This will be the platform.
Christmas Gift 2017.jpg
Added 8 grams to the pod and got a 20 lap time or 53.56 Fast lap of 2.53 This time is close to the time of my Thunderslot Lola which turned a 50.23 Fast lap of 2.32. Now this Lola while stock is a midpack runner in the CanAm Proxy. So I think I'll either need to change the stock gearing or go for more motor to get this racer competive. Prior to the Thunderslot time of 50.23 secs the fastest times for 20 laps had been in the 55 sec range. I will attempt to get this car under 50 secs. since 50 secs isn't cutting the mustard against the professional builders in the CanAm series.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GT6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

So begins another build. All I need to do between now and November is turn this pile of parts into something that goes faster and is better handling than anything I've ever built before.

The green beastie in the back is the control hack, tuned to stock spec and against which the progress (or regress) of the proxy car will be tested. Good luck all.

cheers
Scott
GT6

Postby F1Fan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Builders take note. Mr. GT6 is being very smart, testing against a reference point!

I had a hard time until I won my first proxy, then I had an idea as to what good looks like and a reference point to work from. This often is the most difficult for proxy builders, getting that benchmark to test against.
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm

For me,testing on the Edmonton track, and comparing my times to that of the group 5 cars that were just there is giving me some realistic comparisons of where this chassis is at. Having Dariusz shake it out and provide some useful feedback is a big bonus as he has driven all the previous cars entered.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 pm

It appears the arms race has already started as we only have 157 days until cars must be delivered to Chris. Will GT6 out run his control car, will team DariBarc1 qualify in the top 10, will Sir Camber make it 3 in a row, will the rookies become the new front runners? With only 7 spots up for grabs, it's going to be some close racing this fall. Stay tuned or start tuning
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 am

Well my car is running just slightly faster races than the Can Am car I currently have entered. At River Run this would put me around 15th in the current field of Group 5. That's the only benchmarks I have to measure against.

Because of the somewhat limited adjustability I have with my Brass hybrid design, I probably need to move onto a plastic car again and see if I can make it faster than this one.....

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 pm

IMG_5183.JPGIMG_5182.JPG

Currently 2 are built and tested with 1 more that needs final assembly and testing. Undecided on motor and gears as I didn't fair well with a big motor this year. Looks like better gearing choice and a smaller motor for 2020. I have a funny feeling Gt3 cars will be as fast or faster than Can Am Proxy cars.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 pm

I just love the look of these cars, they look a 100mph standing still!
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:37 pm

IMG_5194.JPG

Car ran better after a few minor changes today. I need a longer rear axle and I need to figure out how to get the back end much lower it rides like a Silverado on 44s.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Just back from Testing in Edmonton, and work continues on BARC's first entry for this competitive proxy. The car was fast, but a little nervous so couldn't be driven to the max. I removed the drop arm guide and replaced it with a fixed guide. Front independent wheels were reworked while I was at it. This really settled the front end down. Hopefully this will smooth out corner entries. Also changed the gearing to reduce top end( 30 K was delivering a lot of top end) and improve braking. Replaced the rear wheels with a slightly larger diameter to gain some top end back.

Will spend some time prepping some tires for this car now as I think this is the chassis I am going with. Next time when I am back in Edmonton, I will see if these changes get this car to the elusive sub 10 second lap time that will most likely be required.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:22 pm

I posted a video of the top 10 cars, plus a few others, in this tread: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=19772&p=243776#p243776
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:45 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019