[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Re: Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Postby RichD » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:17 pm

The subject of tire cleaning came up during last year's DaVols Cup series. I had noticed that a top running car in the earliest races had dropped to the bottom of the finishing order, since we were hosting two races I volunteered to inspect the car before the second race and I noticed that the tires were glazed, in fact they had almost no grip. I used contact cleaner to remove the glaze and the grip was restored. I do not think that any of the other cars had the same problem, but I am not positive about.
It is best to condition the track with the tires that are going to be used in the proxy series and to avoid running any other type of tire until the proxy racing is done.
Different types of tires require different cleaning methods. Sticky tape will remove ordinary dust from any type of tire, but it will not remove a glaze from rubber or urethane tires. Perhaps a standard cleaning method should be mandated in the rules.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Sir Smokeio and team thanks for braving the weather and completing the event. Congrats to the podium finishers. Chris Guyw great to see you there on the second step.
It is always with great expectation to await the results...amazing that we are already halfway through
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 pm

Thanks Team Shoreliners, really appreciate you stepping in and hosting another round. Congratulations on the win #70, 3 wins each for car #70 and #1, does not get much better than this. Great to see #60 and or new entrant Jimmyslots up there as well.

As you are aware (Rules, Pg4, section 7.1.2.b speaks to what happens if a car happens to win 3 races in one season....the age of the entrant is multiplied by the car number and added to the number of teeth on the spur gear...this is then converted to grams and this weight is added to his car going forward to ensure we have a level playing field..)

Tyre cleaning is mentioned in the rules and provision was made for cleaning. Mike emailed me, and due to the unusual conditions on this particular track, I made the decision to allow the tyres to be cleaned with lighter fluid, we will now revert back to the approved cleaning method going forward.
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sports racer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:49 pm

I was unaware of the 3 race win rule but it doesn't affect me.

1) My car number will be .05
2) I'm only 6 years old
3) I need to win 3 races :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Paul
sports racer

Postby GAS41T » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:22 am

Thanks shoreliners
Congratulations to the top 3
Well done Jimmy .....I think I need to learn to build a Plafit chassis

Happy to see my car in the top 10
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:10 am

Great result, well done Smokeio, Chrisguyw and Poppy Jim.
Thanks for everyone’s efforts to run the round under trying weather conditions.
Certainly a close, hard fought round.
Camber

Postby Tequila Kid » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:28 pm

Rubber tires certainly are affected by temperature. Both in real racing and 1/32nd racing. At Laguna North ( 93 feet ) we find that rubber tires have absolutely no grip when the garage is cold. Get it toasty in the garage with heaters, or in mid summer, and the rubber tires come alive. They really work well in a sweat box.

Insert my usual dead horse flogging here. :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah:
Tequila Kid

Postby Kevan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Heat is a big factor. Strangely, over the three full years racing slot cars I've always found lap times are slower in the heat of summer than the (admittedly not freezing) autumn/spring times.
Kevan

Postby Smokeio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 am

FF0D2F0A-6F72-4957-97E1-1922BEE427EF.jpegDADD6F37-2C86-44C7-8D7A-E112E761CCD1.jpegD2F6B427-4D28-434A-8CF9-E03E370E347F.jpeg
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:06 am

C2ED1568-78EF-4E6C-A480-7AF86041C609.jpeg219EFFBF-E4DA-4150-B132-E668938BFAEE.jpeg
There are a few more videos on there way.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:00 am

Thank you for running the rounds with your team Sir Smokeio. Also congratulations on your current 1st place status although those Plafits from down under are going to be tough to hold off. Congratulations to ChrisguyW for getting that inline to run better than most sidewinders and Jimmyslots for your podium. Racing is tight up and down the grid for points as no one has a lock on a position. Continue good luck to all the builders
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 am

20190302_091103.jpgI am cleaning all tires and braid before shipping the cars off. Mr Brumos. This is your tire
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Looks like the after effects of heating with a flame.
Kevan

Postby Smokeio » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:46 pm

67C1233B-A656-4397-AAB6-07589607BCEF.jpegB49ECB9E-B048-4FF6-B267-0F0FFCE8FED4.jpeg
To all hosts, this why it is so important to properly clean tires. Even though we taped all tires each time a car was put on the track, here are a few examples of what can happened.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:56 pm

The rules only allow for tape cleaning at each round, it has been this way since we started the series. I will consider another type of cleaning perhaps half way through the series, or under exceptional circumstances.

It is the same for everyone and I do not want to get into a debate about tyre cleaning and that car "x" had an advantage or disadvantage because the tyres were cleaned or not cleaned.
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019