[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Re: Group 5 Proxy - Round 5 Lee Marquardt Speedway

Postby Camber » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:13 am

Camber

Postby Kevan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:55 am

Kevan

Postby Smokeio » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:33 am

20190303_082624.jpg A Mongo pad is a big label that is very sticky just like tape. The large surface makes it easy to clean tires. I'll keep changing the pad until we get everything cleaned.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for the clarification Smokeio, haven't seen large sticky pads like this before. Given it's name, I thought it might have been abrasive.
Camber

Postby GAS41T » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:52 pm

I’m with Camber

I’m happy with my tyres, to add a chemical to tyres now will change the treatment that was ......
So no shellite on my tyres please.....

If tyres are chewing the shellite is going to polish the tyre smooth again ....
So if your cars tyres a chewing up You haven’t got your tyres treated correctly so by adding a process
Of cleaning tyres with shellite is not Fair .....Reason if your tyres are falling away that’s part of preparation, us as builders have not got the tyres treated correctly so should cars/builders with good tyres be penalised....No not IMO

Rules are Rules , I don’t like rules being changed to suit situations or certain people/cars.....

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Thanks again for the comments and feedback.

We got into a unique situation due to having to change a race venue and racing on a track that was not ideal for our rubber tyres. As you know from the previous seasons we run a quality series, with high standards and the past results speak for themselves. From time to time "stuff" will happen, but let's not loose sight of the how great this series is and how much effort goes into hosting it. The cream will remain at the top and you can be assured of a fair outcome for ALL entrants.

Mike (Smokeio) is a stand up guy, a quality car builder and an expert tuner, I am very confident that the cars were in great hands. I was made aware of the situation and it was me that gave guidance on what we should do. Please let us not forget the fact that Mike stepped in to help us out with hosting a 2nd round under difficult circumstances.

Tyres are cleaned with tape and a roll of quality 3M masking tape is included in the shipping box for that purpose. "Tape cleaning only" was always in the guidelines and I will ensure that it is re-posted since it appears that it was missed in the last version of the rules, that was my oversight

The cars are now on route to me and I will "fine tune" all those that are ahead or close to car #7 to ensure a close finish!!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tequila Kid » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:06 am

Let's everyone take a deep breathe and relax a bit.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this rounds cleaning of tires at all. " Tire pickup " can happen with any Rubber tire. As someone who has actually Raced real cars for over 35 years it is a real problem. Many professional teams scrape " pickup " rubber off of each tire before each practice session. It is often due to incompatible rubber compounds in mixed Race groups. IE: F1 cars on Pirelli's and support races like Porsche Cup on Michelin or some other brands. I this type of satiation, " Tire pickup " can be excessive. It will cause loss of traction and put the Tire out of round. And the stuff will NOT clean off by itself. It has to be physically heated and scraped off by mechanics in real racing. In Model racing " Lighter Fluid " is an accepted an well known practice of cleaning tires. And is recommended by NSR as a final step after any type of tire preparation. It's all the same for everyone.

In this particular situation, for whatever reason, cars exhibited an unusual amount of " Pickup ". This would have adversely affected the performance of all contenders. And not necessarily to the same extent on all cars. So I am 100% backing the decision by the Race Director and organizers to take the appropriate steps to correct the problem. And I applaud you gentleman for taking this fair and just ( IMHO ) decision.
Tequila Kid

Postby Smokeio » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Some look more at home than others...not the quickest way round a track
Kevan

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for the video, my car went by so quickly I missed it....!
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 pm

That's a cool video Mike. REL13
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm

I would like to know which car needed this ???
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:50 am

Camber

PreviousNext

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019