2019 Schedule & Round 1

Re: 2019 Schedule & Round 1

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:14 am

WOW!!! Looks like Sir Camber is faster than last year as well as Cgyracer. Sir F1Fan always a Bride's Maid with a strong second. Looks like there will fun racing this year. Good Luck to all the builders.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:27 am

Great job, Alwyn and company! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Congrats to the podium winners - great video, as always, from Luf!

Four cars breaking the track record at the Targa really speaks volumes for the quickness of these 2019 Group 5 cars. :text-bravo:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am

A huge thank YOU to Alwyn, Luf and everyone else that helped with bringing us Round 1, all your efforts are much appreciated.

There is nothing to choose between top 15? cars, absolutely amazing to see such close competition between so many cars.

Good luck to all, looking forward to the results

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 am

Big congrats to Smokeio on the outstanding build!

I'd like to think its the CG hybrid motor pod that did all the work on that pole setting time - but anything built by Mike is simply a masterpiece and fast.... :auto-driving:

Then again - maybe its the motor pod..... 8-)
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Results

Postby SuperSlab » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:31 pm

OK, enough delaying on my part: here are the results:

Some fairly significant moves this time around from Q to the race. Note that deslots were really the exception: my perception is that in around 2/3rds of the races we had no deslots at all. This while still piling on the speed. I must express my admiration and appreciation for Duke and Dan's driving: really exemplary stuff. The downside of course is that, due to the time lost and the very tights racing, any deslot had a big impact on the final results.

Congrats to the podium winners particularly but really to all the participants: great field of cars.

Cheers

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrCarp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:45 pm

Well first off, I would like to thank Luf and band of slot car brothers for hosting the first round of qualifying and racing of the Greatest Race in the world "The Group 5 Proxy". :text-thankyouyellow

I am excited to see the race results. As I have seen in the qualifying video my little car is the second slowest. And it make me very worried that I may just be going to see here after this round. But only time will tell. All though I think she runs smooth but the video really didn't show it running rough. But then again everyone has a different view of rough. But I will say this, if it ain't going to be smooth and fast at least it looks good. Lol.

Really enjoyed the qualifying and slow moooo videos. Cool thing to post.

Paulie out for now.......
MrCarp

Postby MrCarp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Well look at this. I just posted that I was looking forward to the result and boom. There they are. I was hoping for some video of the race, but I may be asking to much. I just like watching the cars race, that is all. Again thank you Luf, Alwyn and the rest of the crew for hosting and getting things off in a great direction.

Cheers all......

Paul.

Few I made it into my first Group 5 Proxy race. Sorry to a see ALS having to go. I was really thinking it was going to be my car. Well I will be paying attention to every comment to help me tune a better car next year.

:auto-driving:
Last edited by MrCarp on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrCarp

Postby Aloha » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Alwyn Duke and Dan
Thank you so much for the run yesterday
Congrats to the podium finishers
I am sorry to see that ALS will not be with us and hope that he will be back next year.
Hope everyone enjoyed the kick off to this great Proxy
Aloha Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Congratulations to the podium finishers and to all who made this first stop of the series a success. Look at that Hawaii crew. Most improved broke into the top five. Well I made it into the top twenty. Upward and onward.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Another year and the more things change, the more things stay the same! Early days yet, but already tasting some Aussie Dirt.....aaaargh!!

Thanks again to Team Alwyn, (and I forgot to mention earlier a very special thanks to Roger who drove all the way to make changes to the software) just goes to show how fast these cars are, even the timing system had to be updated to allow for the fast lap times to be recorded!

Congratulations to everyone else that is pleased with their result, looks like we are in for another close and fast season!

Unfortunately ALS will be leaving us after this race, I will ship his Lancia back when the cars leaves for Tacoma. The entry fee (less $5 for shipping) will also be refunded. Thanks for the entry and hope you will try again next year. These cars are super fast and the standard is very high, not an easy task to make it into this field.

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tequila Kid » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:59 am

Wow... and the competition level just keeps ramping up and up. One thing I'm encouraged about this year, is that my car appears to be the only one that went faster in the race than in Qualy. Tried to make the car a bit easier to drive and be more constant. Congrats to EVERYONE :text-bravo:
Tequila Kid

Postby Audi1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 am

Hi Chris,

I've watched the video and I've looked at the qualy and race results and to say that my #19 car is off the mark this time around would be a massive understatement. I knew it wasn't as I wanted it when I sent it in, but I didn't know it was going to be so traction-challenged, over-torqued and sideways.

Based on what looks like a very bleak series for this car, I would like to offer to withdraw my entry so that Adrian (ALS) can continue. Let me know if that would be OK with the organizers.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 am

Allan,
As they say its just the first race. Surely it can't be that bad.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am

Allan, I agree with ArroldN, but his statement about this being the 1st race with regard to the go or go home cars, is it possible for those car to run 3 rounds and then the last place car goes home based on points? I know we went over this before the season but I was just think how horrible my 2016 entry was but was on the pole during one of the rounds. Just a thought as whom ever it is will have more feedback fo next season. If there's no room in the box for 1 more car I get it and the rules have been written prior.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:48 am

Double post
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019