[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 TransAm Proxy - Due Date - Postponed to March 15

2019 TransAm Proxy - Due Date - Postponed to March 15

2019 TransAm Proxy - Due Date - Postponed to March 15

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2019 TransAm Proxy - Due Date - Postponed to March 15

Postby redlynr » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:26 am

I shipped yesterday. :think:
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:06 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:44 pm

That's fine, guys, I'm here until the 5th of March.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Good, more tuning time! Got to make sure my car is faster than Smokeio's.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Well more time as I said before means more time for me to mess it up :lol:
I put the TransAm fleet on the track today for some test runs. 20 laps on my oval. The cars all ran under the 1 min mark. They were as fast as the 2018 Forums Cup COY top 10 cars. These cars use the Piranha motor but must weigh a min of 104 grams. all but the #53 are under 100 grams.

The #89 and #42 were both enter into the 2018 series. The #89 placed 8th in the first round. The #42 blew the gear in that round. I have had no issues with the gear in testing but will put a sleeve on the axle. Just wish the car count per entry was still 2 and not 1. The 4 cars are all within a second of each other.
Twenty laps on my oval resulted in these times:
The #48 is on a HRS chassis ran a 56.84.
The #42 is on a stock SCX chassis and ran a 57.87
The #89 on a Olifer 3D chassis ran a 58.89
The #53 is on a stock Scaley chassis and ran a 59.00. Now it did turn a 56.80 on 11/15/18. The #48 turned a 55.74 on that date.

From today's running having to go to only one car it looks like the #48 gets the nod. I had planned to put different wheels and tires on the #89 to see if it makes a differences. This car is on Paul Gage tires while the others are on Yellow Dogs. Contact patch for Yellow Dogs is about 10mm where it is about 8.5-9 for the Paul Gage. Some of these tires have been run in 3 series. I thought the #48 had ran in this series or Pony Car Wars but I cannot find it in any thread. It ran in something together with the #42 :lol:

So I have some fast for my plastic track cars. Now to pick the right one. :think:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:40 am

redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Allan, if you don't mind, please send the #33 back for a quick tune. I'll PYPL the priority shipping. Thank you
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:35 am

OK, Tony, on the way back to you tomorrow.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 am

Threw some Yellow Dogs on the #89 last night. Looks promising. They weren't even glued and trued yet!!!!!!!
Update/2-20-19
After gluing and truing the #89 dropped 3 secs. New time for 20 laps is now 55.75 secs fast lap 2.45 secs. This would have put it on the inside poll position in the 2018 Forums Cup COY class. This is hauling the mail. Now was it the Yellow Dogs or the extra mm contact patch?????
This car is beating my Group 5 times by 1 sec. fast lap by .07 secs.

Looks like the #89 may be getting the ride on the hauler. I may work on the other two cars to see if I can get them into the 55-56 sec range. May just need new tires. I plan to test one with rubber, to see how that works.

Update 2-22-19
Changed the braids on the #42 dropped another sec. Down to 56.87 fast lap 2.64. Not 55 secs but now equal to the #48. May need to change the braids on the others. Getting interesting but the #89 is still the fastest.

Update 2-25-19
New braids on the #48 dropped another sec. New time 55.77 secs fast lap 2.52 secs.
New goodies should arrive today from SCC.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am

You're running your own Pre-TransAm series, Arrold! Which car are we all supposed to root for...……? :lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 pm

Not sure Allan, got some goodies from SCC yesterday,rubber tires. Now do I take the stock independent fronts off of the #42? One side is slightly higher than the other and they are slightly above the track. Tripod. The #48 and #89 are both in the 55 sec zone. Can the #42 get there? Will new tires on both the #48 and #42 drop them any lower. I think I'll stay with all Cudas and work on the Challenger another day. It is still in the 58-59 sec zone. Stay tuned TransAm fans. Same Thread, Same Slot Car Forum.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:13 am

#42 is now in the 55 sec zone with a 55.78 fast lap 2.65. This is with rubber tires and some chassis tweaking. Changed the front axles. Removed the stock independent ones. Added SCC adjustable axle blocks. So all three cars are now in the zone. Which one will make the trip? The #89 still has the fastest time by 1/100th of a sec, and the fastest fast lap of 2.45. Got to put the finishing touch on the #89 this week and then see if it is going on the hauler.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 am

Just ran all three cars 60 laps.

#42 2.46.78 fast lap 2.58 secs
#48 2.49.76 fast lap 2.73 secs
#89 2.49.81 fast lap 2.73 secs

The #42 has risen to the top. I just have major concerns. I noticed in some laps the motor would drop off and come back. The motor was also flashing at times. So I gave it a little lighter fluid cocktail this morning hoping to stop the sparking and lagging. That is when I decided to run it for 60 laps. Will it hold up under a ten race series? Now to decide which one goes on the hauler. I would say they are all good but I don't want to get bit if the motor dies in the #42.

I may re-run this at 3 mins to see how many laps 3 secs equates to.

Time to go swimming.

Keep checking same Forum, Same Thread.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Trans Am Proxy