[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 TransAm Proxy - The Builds

2019 TransAm Proxy - The Builds

2019 TransAm Proxy - The Builds

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:02 pm

IMG_4623.JPG

I'm close, slight tire rub,need to add numbers and lose some weight
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2019 TA Builds

Postby CARacing » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:48 am

CARacing

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:55 pm

Clive, that Mustang looks great!!! Excellent work!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm

I dropped me Firebird and the chassis is now in two parts. So i will need to order a new one so car may be late.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Glued the chassis back together and looks to be holding great. Now to true the rear tires and then bring it to a track. This is what sick days are for. :shhh:

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:05 pm

Hott cars Gentlemen can't wait for racing to start
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:26 am

20190130_070930.jpg
Here's mine. CG Slot Car chassis and sidewinder pod under a Pioneer. I don't know if it is the higher center of gravity or the skinny rear tires but these cars are a challenge. This is the most weight tuning I have ever done to get a car to feel good. I decided to continue to experiment so I built an inline to see if it makes a difference. Maybe a little more torque will do the trick but will the inline restrict handling?
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:07 am

Hey guys

I have a bunch of the cars I will test tonight so I can pick one and continue. Will be a fun. Still cant decide what tires to use...

:banana-dance: radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm

Mike that Pioneer car does look to be sitting a little high. Maybe that will give my MOPARS a fighting chance. I still have to sort out which one it will be. From Nov testing the #48 Cuda on the HRS chassis has a 1.06 advantage over the #89 Cuda on the Olifer chassis. Plan to change the wheels and tires on the #89. Looking forward to this series and running against you and the crew from Canada.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks for starting this thread, Tony! I am a little behind with the Formula 1 Proxy cars arriving now.

Some good looking TransAm cars to look at so far.

Clive's hand-crafted Mustang arrived yesterday - a great looking car!

The TransAm cars are not due until March 1; we moved the date out 2 weeks because of the jammed proxy schedules.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 pm

Austin,
I hope your chassis holds together. Made that mistake in the SCCA proxy. Glued a pod together to have it fail in the second round. Cost me greatly in positions overall. Mistake learned. My new theory for 2019 is if you can replace and get the car there before the due date order the part and replace. Now you may have to pay for express shipping from your favorite supplier but SSC was willing and got me my part here asap. Since we have until March I wouldn't risk it breaking again in the heat of battle.

Just my .02 use at your own discretion.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CARacing » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanx Allan, I'm very pleased to hear it arrived safely. :clap:
CARacing

Re: 2019 TransAm Proxy - The Builds

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Mine is on its way from Oz,
Pioneer Mustang, CG chassis, all running gear from slot it GT 40 (sidewinder pod, standard gearing, wheels, guide) PG tyres on rear

Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Pepsi62
I am sure that it will be a fast car...and he has an advantage he is sitting on the wrong side of the car.
Smokeio
I have the total confidence in your tuning ability that you are going to have one great car. It will be great to see if you go inline or sidewinder.
Good luck to all ... I am going with the same car as last year so will see what happens
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Trans Am Proxy