[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi Folks, I think that this is the Final round...........

I have completed qualifying, and have complied a few notes on some of the cars that appeared to have a few issues. I am not sure whether these issues were the result of mishaps in the prior 9 rounds, but, I will point them out as I found them. The cars were all checked on a set up block, the tires and braid cleaned, and I gave each car a quick visual check.
I drove the qualifying session, and made the notes, but, I will only be on timing/marshal duty for the race itself.

None of the cars appear to be the worse for wear cosmetically, and everyones rear tires look to be able to do another series......Radareks braid is on its last legs, but, it will not be a big issue for this last race.

It looks like I have 4/5 folks that can attend tonight, so with any luck, the race will be run this evening, with results hopefully posted tomorrow.

I will post the qualifying results/car notes later this afternoon..........in the meantime, a few shots of the cars/track.

Cheers
Chris Walker

The track is not overly long (45ft ish) but is fast and smooth. Ogilvie tracks routed the surface, and I did the rest. It is powered by a regulated 40 amp power supply, it is braided, and has one additional power tap. All running for this round will be at 10.5 volts.

Lined up on the grid........as they came out of the packing crate

Into the hairpin...downhill, off camber, with a squeeze !!
All the drivers have run the track many times, know it well, and, I do not anticipate any "situations"

Under the bridge, the cars make the right hander before the main straight.

The fast left hand sweeper leading downhill to the hairpin.

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi Folks, Qualifying results............best lap done in 1 minute of drive time on the center (Yellow) lane.

Position.........Car #.............time (sec.)

1/..................17..............3.695
2/...................3...............3.744
3/..................10..............3.789
4/..................19...............3.794
5/...................7...............3.830
6/..................27...............3.862
7/...................5...............3.888
8/...................31..............3.896
9/...................87..............3.940
10/.................23...............3.987
11/.................15...............4.021
12/.................57...............4.030
13/.................33...............4.082
14/.................44...............4.095
15/.................4.................4.115
16/.................51................4.175
17/.................12................4.295
18/.................13................4.325

Hundredths and thousandths separating some of the cars...........a short fast track tends to tighten up the bunch.

Cheers
Chris Walker

Individual car notes to follow soon,...and looks like we may just get enough warm bodies to go ahead with the race this evening.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks for the pics Chris,a fine example of less is more what a wonderful track :text-thankyouyellow: and I absolutely love the pits :music-rockout:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 pm

ChrisGuyW, thank yo for the qualifying run and I look forward to the notes. Good luck to everyone on race day
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm

Great pics and recap....!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi Guys, A few notes on some of the cars.................I am not sure whether these issues occurred over the prior 9 round or not, but, I will point out a few things that I found as they came out of the box. As mentioned in an earlier post, there were no major cosmetic issues, and everyones rear tires look to be in great shape.

The following cars, had some issues that I think are worth mentioning.

In no particular order............

#7.......Dale, it appears your axle stoppers (on the outside of the rear uprights) have moved outwards on the axle, which allows some lateral movement in the rear axle, and affects the consistency of the gear mesh. I know it is a pain, but, installing stoppers/spacers on the inside of the uprights eliminates this issue. For a sprint race this is not problematic, but, for a 10 race proxy.....not good.

#33.....Tony, your right front tire sits off the track by 20/30 thou.,......so,...in left hand corners, the car tends to tilt, and lifts the inside left rear tire, not the hot tip for consistent handling.

#57.........Arroldn, there is limited guide rotation(left/right) on your car,...while not an issue on my track (wide radius corners), the lack of rotation certainly could be an issue on tighter tracks. In a big slide, the guide will hit the stops and bounce back....over time 1 of 2 things will happen ......1/ The chassis will break at the guide hole, or 2/ the guide blade will break.

#15........Midagekid. Your front axle is not parallel to the rear axle...it is angled so that the car (without a guide) would veer slightly to the right. Even with the guide, the guide will rub on the right side of the guide slot, and inconsistent handling will show up on left/right corners.

#13.....Ron, Your car has some lateral rear axle movement, and a ton of gear lash, which has resulted in very noisy/rough mesh. I did not open any of the cars, so I could not determine if it was a motor shaft dia, pinion, or, crown issue.

#51....Scott, Your front suspension assembly had lots of movement (rocking up and down on both sides).....which eliminates the stability needed (in the corners) from the front tires in these relatively long guide lead, narrow track cars. This lets the car tilt in corners, lifting the opposite rear tire off the track.

#44...Gas41T, Your front axle is bound, and there is very significant slop in your rear axle bushings. The slop is in the bushing/axle interface itself, the bushings are glued into the uprights, and do not move. As you can imagine, neither of these issues are go fast speed secrets.

#12....Bob, there is noticeable front axle bind in your car, which certainly hurt, and coupled with the Slot-it rubber (my track favours NSR), it was a struggle for the Honda.

Cheers
Chris Walker
Last edited by chrisguyw on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:17 pm

And now the results...........!!

Each car ran on each of the 3 lanes (3 min. heats), with each driver remaining on their lane throughout. There were very very few deslots, all of them minor, (thank you drivers).

Cheers
Chris Walker

Car #....................Tot. laps

#17.................137.8
#3...................136.1
#10.................135.6
#27.................134.4
#5...................133.1
#19..................132.8
#7...................131.9
#31..................130.4
#15..................129.6
#87..................128.3
#44..................127.3
#4...................126.9
#57..................123.8
#33..................122.7
#23..................122.5
#51..................121.6
#12..................120.5
#13..................119.9
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Thanks to Chris and the crew in Toronto for running this final round and accomplishing it so quickly.

Steevew finished 3rd and held onto his 1st place overall with a car that finished no worse than 3rd throughout the series. ManchVegasRacer (Josh) took another 2nd place and secured 2nd overall with his quick and steady Red Bull.

But the real story line, for me, is what happened in the final three races. ChrisGuyW finished the series with a 4th, a 1st and a 1st, and accumulated enough points to climb from 7th overall to claim the final podium position, nudging Aloha to 4th place.

Unofficially, I have Chris with 133, Dale (Aloha) with 131, and Radarek with 130. That was an incredible finish for a 10 race series. My tally is unofficial, so wait for Tusco Todd’s final spreadsheet, but this is what I see at the top.

Great to see Chris finish strongly, especially since he shared so many tuning tips during the time leading up to the start of this proxy. I know that I benefited from his generosity.

Well done all.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Chris,
I too want to thank you for quickly running this closing round of this proxy. Congratulations to our champion and podium finishers for the series. I attempted to address the guide rotation as shown in the build thread. Maybe I could have gone a little further on the rotation. I will take that into consideration for next season. Thanks for all the suggestions you made as the series began. Looking forward to 2020.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Cool series. Thanks to all the participants and Track hosts.
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Wow!!!! Chris way to organize and run a round quick and efficient with just a few offs and some very close racing. I'm speaking for all the drivers, thank you for the notes. I could not figure how to get the car the car square in the last minute decision to challenge my self with this build and proxy. Congratulations to SteveeW, ManchVegasRacer and you Sir Chris on your overall Championship and podiums.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Chris
Please extend our appreciation to you and the group for running the event.
Great recap and comments on car, very important data.
You have a lovely set up there and the details of the track reflect how you build your cars ... perfection.
Audi1 one great proxy!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:31 pm

A huge thanks to all the car builders and track owners for making this such a fun proxy. I definitely enjoyed driving these cars when they came up to NH. :text-bravo: to everyone! Congrats to Steevew for winning the championship with an amazing car. Looking forward to next year already!!!! Of course, it will be a Renault for me as I root for Danny Ric. Hoping they can get their package together for 2020.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Radarek » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am

Great proxy
Big thanks to Chris for hosting this round l. Thanks

Allan - thanks a lot, looking forward to next edition.

Rleog :dance: next year buddy, next year thanks for pushing

Congratulations to podiumites.
Dale good job.

Best regards

Darius aka radarek :banana-dance:
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Formula 1 Proxy