[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Formula 1 Proxy - Round #1 - The River Run

Formula 1 Proxy - Round #1 - The River Run

Re: Formula 1 Proxy - Round #1 - The River Run

Postby manchvegasracer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Great looking field! Can't wait to see how this goes. Thanks Allan.
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Great looking cars. I have got to get this tire thing down. My tire engineers are killing me.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:18 pm

That 7 look sweet

Congrats to podium takers. On to the race now.

Best luck to all

Radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:13 pm

Thank you for the qualifying Allan. I didn't know until recently there were wheelbase variations, we will see how that shakes out over the duration of the series congrats to Audi 1, ChrisGuyW and Aloha on your qualifying podiums. I'm just glad to be running with all 16 contestants. Good Luck to all the builders this weekend.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:55 pm

GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm

We'll catch you up on Round #2, Rossko!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Nothing like a solid lock on last place...

Just try and take that one from me... :auto-layrubber:
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Very nice field of F1 Proxy cars! Many of us have quite a gap to make up to run with the quick cars! I'm glad to be in this proxy, should be fun.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks for the qualy, congrats to the top 3.
Looking forward to the race.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Allan thanks for the run. Allan and Chris I am always humbled by your great cars. The Canada cars all look good. Glad to see we will have Rossko in the field. Will be interesting to see how the LWB vs SWB plays out over the Proxy season
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Allan is it possible to not use sticky tape to clean my tires.
I have found it does leave a residue that may create some of the chatter experienced.
I always stick to water or saliva and a rub to remove debris. Thus my car has been set up to run more effectively that way.
If not then just proceed your own way.
Thanks
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:03 am

Hi Bob,

If you'd like, we'll clean your tires with water, but we've been using the sticky pad cleaning process on my track for 4 years now with good results. The pads that we use are not heavy with stick; they're turned over Avery 6184 shipping labels, very smooth and they do not shed their sticky surface.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:15 pm

We have a winner!

Prior to the race, the track was vac'd, wiped down and a tack cloth was used to remove dust. The race was run at 10V and all lanes had been well rubbered in based on the qualifying session and some additional rubbering-in laps in the other two lanes. The drivers were: Matt (changing-gearz), Jeff (dge467) and Bob (relog). We ran 3 minute heats with the drivers remaining in their lanes throughout the entire race. The rotation was reverse qualy order; starting with the slower qualifying cars and moving to the faster ones. We used track-calls to stop the race for deslots and collisions, since it's not possible to marshal several sections of the track due to its layout and the location of the driver stations.

We also had a lot of good news today; as well as a bit of bad.

First, on the good side - all of the car came through the heats intact! No broken or missing pieces; despite some spectacular crashes...……… So, they are tougher than we initially gave them credit for; both the shorter and the longer wheelbase cars.

Second, the fastest cars turned 29+ laps in a 3 minute heat. The fastest Group 5 NA Proxy cars and the fastest Can-Am cars turn 30-31 laps; so they were definitely not slugs to race on this track! The combination of smaller motor and lighter overall weight seems to have worked out well.

Third, between heat #3 and #4 the mail came and in it was Rossko's (GAS41T) car from Australia! So, we were able to set up a special series of heats at the end of the race in order to get his car into this Round #1 - so, you made it, Rossko!

Fourth, the racing was very close in many of the heats; which always makes the Round fun to run. Here's a pic of the computer screen showing the performance tightness in heat #3:

We did have some on-track confrontations, but all in all, it was a very clean race with not too many deslots and/or crash-outs.

At the end of the race - here are your results:

Position / Car # / Total Laps / Fastest Lap Tie-breaker (if needed) / forum name

18. / 13 / 72.5 / beast lee

17. / 51 / 75.8 / war eagle river

16. / 12 / 77.0 / chappy

15. / 87 / 78.0 / asbestosMcQueen

14. / 57 / 78.5 / arroldn

13. / 23 / 79.1 / old23

12. / 4 / 79.4 / GTOKing

11. / 31 / 79.6 / modernslots

10. / 44 / 79.8 / GAS41T

9. / 33 / 80.9 / brumosRSR

8. / 17 / 81.3 / chrisguyw

7. / 15 / 81.4 / midagekid1

6. / 7 / 81.8 (6.185 sec.) / aloha

5. / 19 / 81.8 (6.151 sec.) / audi1

4. / 5 / 83.3 / rleog

3. / 27 / 83.9 / radarek

2. / 3 / 84.6 / manchvegasracer

1. / 10 / 84.7 / steeveew

Here are the fastest lap results:

Red lane - #19 - 6.151
White lane - #7 - 6.185
Blue lane - #19 - 6.161

Congrats to Steve (steeveew), Josh (manchvegasracer) and Dariusz (radarek) on their podium finishes! :text-bravo:

Here's your Round #1 podium:

We did have one glitch that affected 3 cars; #'s 7, 17 and 19. We had a problem with the call button on heat #15 and we lost 20+ seconds of racing time from that heat. We couldn't go back and re-run the heat, so we continued with the entire race. On my track that translates to 3-4 laps, which fits because all 3 cars finished the heat with 25 laps; instead of the usual 28-29 for cars that qualified in that bracket. I'm OK with the results, as they are, and I hope that the others who were affected will be, too, but let me have your thoughts on that. We don't have time to re-run the race because of time and driver's availability. We could go to a single race throw-out for this 10 race series if people feel strongly about it. But, as I said, from my own standpoint I'm OK with the results; it's a long series and I don't think that the loss of 20+ seconds of driving time over what will be 30 minutes of driving time per car, is going to make much difference in the overall standings.

Anyway, they are a fun bunch of cars to run! Each of the hosts will, I think, have a good time running their Round.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Add 3 laps to their finishing position.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:17 pm

With only one point separating finishing positions, one bad race (offs, mechanical, or track issues) can have a significant affect on the series point totals,.....(it can take a while to catch up) and while I agree that you can't re run the round, arbitrarily adding a number of laps to the affected cars is not the most accurate method either.....what do you add ?...3, 3.5 4.0 ?.....any number is unfortunately not really fair (or accurate) especially when the results are separated by tenths of a lap.
While "offs" and mechanical issues are part of proxy racing, and are generally accepted by the participants, a track issue, while they absolutely do happen, should not end up penalizing any car in the field.

So....,As there are several races in the series, dropping everyones worst round score would seem to be the most fair solution for all,....that would be my vote.

Aside from that, thanks to Allan and his helpers for running this round. :clap:

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Formula 1 Proxy