New Carrera Aston Martin

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

New Carrera Aston Martin

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 am

This car has been out a couple months be I just got around to getting mine.

As most people know the Carrera 124 cars are fantastic. The slight downside are the axle trueness( I'm not sure that's a word). 99% of them run very well with just a little work.

Did we just get lucky or has Carrera turned a corner?? I have 3 customers that have the new Aston Martin DB9. They are raving over this car claiming that they trued the tires, stock front, rear silicone, and ran it. I was not really buying the stories. I have 2 Aston Martins and neither are go to cars. It's sad because I want to be. Well I finally talked myself into giving the AM one more try. Thank Goodness I did. The axles were some of the truest so far. Normally there is a laundry list of things to do to this car. I literally trued up the wheels a little and the tires. After a handful of laps, this car was my 2nd fastest car in the fleet. Hopefully, this is the future and not the case of a good run.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: New Carrera Aston Martin

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:03 am

My resistance to these cars is fading fast. It might be tight racing on my track, but I think it is time to start grabbing some.

Thanks for the update/report.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New Carrera Aston Martin

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:39 pm

You may want to. Not to start a rarity debate but the Carrera 124's seem to dry up fast. It's my understanding they make 1000 or less of each??? That's still a lot. I've been searching for C6R's and DB9's to repaint and can't seem to find any for a decent price.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale