[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Looking for 1/24 D50

Looking for 1/24 D50

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Looking for 1/24 D50

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:29 am

A mate had a Merit 1/24 scale D50 that he picked up of eBay that had been turned into a slot car.

I have a George Turner 1/32 scale kit but I really liked the look of the bigger 1/24 car.

Wondering if anyone knows if there is someone making these in resin or if there is anyone with an old Merit or Smer kit that they don't have an attachment to that they might be interested in selling.

cheers
David

looks a bit like this

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Looking for 1/24 D50

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 am

Will a sharp vac-formed body do? I found one I'll never use in a box of slot junk I bought years ago and I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere. I remember it was a nicely detailed paintjob for a vac body.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:16 am

MPC made one in the 60s, they were marketed with the "DynoCharger" motor and chassis. They show up periodically on auction sites. Note that it's the later version like the one pictured, where the pontoons are integrated. I am not aware of a 1/24 version with the separate pontoons.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:00 pm

thanks for the replies will have a look for the MPC one as well

'waytoomuch if you find it please post a pic

I am enquiring on other forums as well - I found one on eBay but want to explore other options before I commit the money they are asking.

I also found that Atlantis kits and SMER have re-released some of the Merit cars so I am looking at getting a Talbot Lago and an Alfa
You can pick these to up as a boxed set for about $40

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 am

that looks pretty good, I been hunting around for the Merit kit on eBay - let me know what you want for it and how much it would cost to post to Australia

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:07 am

Just send me a PM with an address, and I'll send it to you.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:57 pm

This lot on the evil auction site has 2 MPC bodies and a third top half:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-24-Sc ... 3f29008ef4
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale