[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Project updates

Project updates

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Project updates

Postby mattb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Got some stuff done the last couple weeks.
Built this on an LVJframe withbrass belly pan to race with my "Tues Nite Crashers".
P1010002 (2).JPG
Built this for a friend to race on his home track, vac form with a Dynamic chassis.
P1010001 (2).JPG
This is car I always wanted to do, but the painting kind of put me off. I bit the bullet and just started spraying silver and purple till I had the lighter color, than masked and painted the dark color. Made up decals as good as I could. Dynamic chassis and a body by slot buddy Steve K
P1010006 (5).JPG.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Project updates

Postby mattb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:20 pm

Rear view of the Travel On Trailer
P1010007 (4).JPG

Still pushing on the Shadow project. Paul printed this body for me and I been filling and sanding. I put some paint on it and can see that I need a bit more filler and sanding, but it is getting closer. I want it pretty slick as I am going to use it for a mold.
P1010014.JPG
P1010015 (2).JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Love the hat, Matt! Pretty awesome in the roadster. I hope the Shadow works for you.... it's fun to have a race-able version.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Long time ago, 20 years or more I was lucky enough to find an original Tijuana Taxi. I sold it to the LA Slot Car Museum. Before I sent it, I molded the driver, and copied the door stickers. I made a mold of the body and sent it to Bruce Patterson. I only know of 5-6 original cars. All the pieces are available to make a repro.

The Shadow will be a neat one. I'm not sure what kind of chassis to use for real, but it will have tiny wheels and low profile.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strummer57 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 pm

strummer57

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale