[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Opinions on TSR RTR chassis/cars

Opinions on TSR RTR chassis/cars

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Opinions on TSR RTR chassis/cars

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:31 am

Anyone own/race TSR 1/24 or 1/32 RTR chassis/cars designed/promoted by Philippe de Lespinay?

I heard they were very fast and handle well right out of the box, comparable to any of the European metal chassis cars. I may have to put a milder motor in them for my plastic track, but that's OK.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Opinions on TSR RTR chassis/cars

Postby F1Fan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 am

I have the 32 scale chassis with the Fly Sunred SR21 body and too be honest it has been hit and miss for me. Superslab also has one and I think he has had more success with his, but then he makes every car go fast!

The pin guide did not work for me on the TSRF and I replaced it with a regular guide.

In our Group 5 proxy we have a couple of Australian entries with Plafit 3300 chassis equipped cars and they have proven to be very competitive.

If you are interested in buying my TSRF, then drop me a PM, it is not being used and I might as well sell it if there is interest.

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:31 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby viejoronnie » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:07 am

AFAIK, or can recall, at one time Philippe had an open bet that the TSR (TSRF) cars were as competitive and better set up to race right out of the box than ANY other RTR car on the market. But that's our beloved Philippe. :-)

I have always liked his chassis design, which he first used commercially on the 1/40 scale Cox Super Scale cars, which I have a few of.
viejoronnie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Uh huh, He also had oven front property in Missouri for sale too. :whistle:

They were ok but just not suited for our needs here. For 1/24 the H&R with urethanes did the best job.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 am

I've got three of them, one 1/32 and two in 1/24, one of the latter being an F1 chassis. I've had them for years and not used any of them but thats just me, not a criticism of the chassis.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

Ditto on the pin guide. Grrrr......

Had a set of the 1:32 cars. Was not impressed and sold them in rather short order.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:11 pm

The H&R complete chassis doesn't need much to be very competitive with any solid chassis and they are about as cheap as anything you can buy new. $50. Stick an MT 15,500 motor in one and it can be all you want in terms of speed and drivability. I wasn't too happy with any of the H&R motors, but that was just my experience.

Not sure how the dollar trades with Oz, but Bruce Patterson probably has some decent frames that are probably competitive price wise and race wise.

The simple Parma Womps (brass preferred) are easy to lengthen and make competitive, The 1/32 LVJ chassis is easy to solder a piece under it to make it whatever length you want.

For under $40 or so you can buy used cars on Ebay that have Dynamic chassis. Those are suited to most any car you want to build and are easy to adapt an FK 180 motor to them.

Lot of options for good running, cheap frames in 1/24.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale