[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera exclusive XKE makeover

Carrera exclusive XKE makeover

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Carrera exclusive XKE makeover

Postby btaylor » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:28 pm

I am almost ashamed to post this, as it probably the least amount of work I have ever put into a slot car. That being said, I just couldn't help myself, but to show what little effort it takes to make a decent looking race car. I am not a fan of "street" cars, in the true sense of the word, as the main reason we have slot cars is to race them. So, if it is going to be on my track, it better look the part! I took a really cheap, brand new Carrera XKE roadster, and with a few decals, and a little bit of plastic and parts bin scrounging, I came up with this. I changed out the goofy looking drivers head to a helmeted version from Who knows what, and cut out a styrene tonneau cover for the passenger side of the cockpit. I painted the stock rear cover (brown part) and the tonneau black. I added a brass rollbar , sixties style, and tossed on a couple of roundels and sponsor decal, and of course a small union jack on each fender. I also dirtied up the wire wheels with some thinned out craft paint. It does not run a bit better than it did, but it at least looks like it is trying!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Carrera exclusive XKE makeover

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Good post, and a good reminder....there are quite a few cars that are initially unimpressive but with a little more work show quite well. Strombecker is one example....but this Jag is a sterling version as well!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes, well said sir.

AND you have the running mate coming. I promise.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:47 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:28 am

Excellent work as always Bob! Sometimes simplicity makes the best looking car.

I want to add a roll hoop to my 1/32 SCCA Proxy Jag XK120. May I ask what you used for material? Is that bent brass? Aluminum?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Cool, thanks Bob I’ll have to get a pair of jewelers pliers.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:00 pm

ASHAMED...that is a beauty BT!!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale