[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Remember that HUGE project of mine?

Remember that HUGE project of mine?

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Remember that HUGE project of mine?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Remember that HUGE project of mine?

Postby tjettom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Spacey man far out and diggin your groove brother...I'm really thinking those were the better times...Weren't they? I can hardly remember that much about em any more...got any tunes to go with that? Hey I gotta extended womp chassis in my Caddy. It's really groovy man...Wonder what ever became of those so often most popular used words of those times ?
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Thats way cool Rob!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby 4424ever » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Groooovy Man :music-rockout:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Uptight, outta sight, and in the groove man.
Wish I could have seen that ride when it was “new”. I imagine it smelled like a mix of way too many liquids, fast food, overdue laundry, Brylcream, smoke and fluids to discuss in a public forum. Yowza!
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Right on man!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Hey man it was an ambulance man
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Slotter, you are eerily correct on all counts, but there was one more smell in it. Leather cream. The seats were huge and all leather. We rubbed those seats down at least once a week, getting them soft enough to be comfortable.

And Chappy, it was an ambulance AND a hearse. The black rubber rollers that allowed the coffin to be loaded without grunting would flip over and become wheels stops for a gurney. It had been owned by a very poor county in Mississippi and did both jobs all the time. I suppose that is why they got a blue one, rather than black or white. There were fittings on the fenders for little flag masts, either white with a red cross, or black with a wreath in white. Of course, in our hands, it was called everything from Death Sex to P---- Wagon. We called it Date Night Express.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 pm

This is a project you should have done a long time ago. You have now immortalized a part of your history that will never appear again (I say this as one who has archived thousands of drive in movies from the 60s and early 70s on DVD). That slot car will mean more to you than a slot car ever has to someone.

I hope Jules sees this and reproduces it in 1/32 RTR. And I hope he finds Linda, and has her put her unique "signature" on the placard with it to authenticate her work, roughly a half century later.

Well done.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am

now that looks really cool
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 am

I dig it. Congratulations Rob.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 am

That is one wild looking paint job from one wild time! WOW!
(Very cool to see done up - especially with the back story!)
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale