BRM Minis

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

BRM Minis

Postby GTI » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Anyone running these on 1/32 track. I really like the line that they came out with. Only problem is I'm spoiled with Slot-it and the way they mesh so well and how quietly they run and how well they perform. So next question is at this price point for the BRM minis are they as good mesh wise? Not really concerned if they can keep up I just really like smooth running cars and for this price point don't want to have to spend more to get them to be smooth. Any all opinions welcome! Thanks for your time and have fun!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: BRM Minis

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm

They are out? I thought it was just the Abarth Fiat that was just released.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 am

I think he means the NSU, Gordini and the SImca as well as the recently released Fiat. (Minis are next I think)

I have one each of the NSU, Simca and Renault and plan to get a Fiat. They are good runners - I put slot.it foam tyres on the back though they do run fine on the original rubber. You can also get softer rubber for them as well as BRM foam. I also made my own urethane and they go well with them. We haven't raced them yet just punt them around on fun run afternoons.

Are they as smooth as a well set up slot.it or NSR - probably not but I find them smooth enough - gear mesh is fine though a little noisy at first. This improves with run-in. The axles and gears are 3mm so if you want to replace anything you could go for Plafit gear. A mate had a noisy gear on his - it just didn't want to mesh well - we swapped it for a Plafit ($5) and it was good. Whereabouts are you located - Bruce at CIncyslots has (had) a couple and Alan at 132 Slotcars is the distributor so if you can get to his store.

We mostly run them on board tracks. Think Bruce was running them on Carrera Digital.

They aren't out of the box and run them cars - they do need a little bit of fiddling to check things are smooth and oiled up, trued tyres etc...
Aside from the foam tyres I haven't spent anymore on my 3.

cheers
David
Last edited by Dangermouse on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTI » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks David. I'm in the Dallas TX area, By Minis I was referring to the whole group of cars not the "mini" in particular. Sorry about that. Good information though. I have no issues with tinkering to get a smooth car. I do like the line up and wouldn't mind a few to track around. Thanks again for the response. Have fun!
GTI
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale