[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 4th of July Fun! racin the F1's

4th of July Fun! racin the F1's

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

4th of July Fun! racin the F1's

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:00 pm

To much fun today! been running my big un's most of the morning, finished up another lotus as well.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: 4th of July Fun! racin the F1's

Postby historiceng » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:57 pm

These are great, I'd like to have shared that morning with you!
Are they your own bodies?
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Great looking builds!!!!
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:55 am

Eric, I build these from old friction cars I find on ebay, and the dollar stores. They make great slot cars, and are cheap. this is one that has just been stripped down.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Amazing work. Those cars look great!

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Amazing work. Those cars look great!

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:07 pm

Dang Man, I wish they had em at my dollar store!!
I need to go more often!
Those are great !!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 am

Check ebay. I have found dozens on there, cheap!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby historiceng » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:26 am

Bob, thank you for that, I will look out for them.
It must be really satisfying to take something cheap and unloved and then turn them into this. Great ideas thank you Bob..
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:47 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby historiceng » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm

That is so cool, those skinny tyres must be great fun too.

I have a cheap die cast Ferrari F2 1952 Ascari car that I squeezed on to a slot chassis (which I can't remember the name now) We didn't screw the body on in our rush. For years this was the "go to" car for some random tail sliding action when I came home from work or Jacob from school, the thing is that the loose body seemed to enhance the animation of the car.
I'd post a photo, but don't want to hijack your thread I'l make it the subject of a new thread this weekend.

Thank you Bob
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Would love to see the pics! don't worry about jacking any of my threads, its totally ok by me! sharing is sharing.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale