More Zee toys fun!

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

More Zee toys fun!

Postby btaylor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:40 am

Spent some time yesterday putting together another one of my vast assortment of Zee toys, and Lucky toys, pull back cars. This one is a Ferrari 156. Doing it up in a Phil Hill livery from the 1962 British GP. I still need to get the body halves sanded flat to eliminate the seam, and of course all the trim bits and windscreen back on. I need to get the driver figure a bit lower in the cockpit also. But it is a smooth runner at this point, with homemade brass chassis, cutdown H&R wheels with TRU tires urethanes, 9/27 gearing, with piranha motor and a slotting plus guide. Wheel inserts are my own castings, with model corner knockoffs. fun little car that you don't see in this scale often. I like the hardbody pull back cars for these, as they are tuff as nails. They don't have the detail level of some cars, but for just fun racing, they are great. An Ebay search usually nets me a lot of three or so for less than 10$, so they don't break the bank, and certainly are unusual. there are quite a few early body styles in these cars. so far, I have picked up three variations of coopers, a BRM, two different Lotus cars, and the Ferrari. Try one! you might be surprised how fun they are to build and race.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: More Zee toys fun!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 am

What a hoot, great job Bob.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale