[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I took the leap....

I took the leap....

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Re: I took the leap....

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 am

after running the Mustang last night for 10-15 minutes I have to say that this is the best running BRM's to date. The only thing I have a slight complaint about is the braking. I'm hoping that once I get a chip installed it will be a bit stronger. If you even close to the fence, not even on it yet, I would suggest getting one.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 am

Hey Bruce you should post the pics you sent me last night..... Gorgeous car and not bad photography.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:21 am

I'm going to be ordering a few more this week to fill current orders. Since they are kind of pricey, but worth it IMO, I'd like to consolidate my order and get them all ordered at once. If anybody wants one, let me know ASAP. Unless Alan has them put together already, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. My last order took a month.

Bruce

Here you go.

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 am

Thank you, Sir....

I also heard it might take awhile for delivery. However, I ordered on Monday and it shipped yesterday.
Hopefully the delivery times have dropped and I'm sure, after talking to Bruce, it is well worth the wait.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:15 am

Looking at a few die cast models I'm satisfied the nose droop is correct for the race cars.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am

Darn it. Those pics confirm that the nose is not as bad as I thought and therefore I have run completely out of excuses to not buy these............ :cry:
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Dang it guys!!! You are killing me! :lol:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Bruce can help you out, he ordered a couple(2) of extra.....

....better hurry though, I might just need a running mate.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Yes I can and did. I’m adding all the BRM cars to our line up.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 am

OMG....omg.....

This thing is gorgeous! TGIF !!!

As soon as I can tear myself away you will be hearing from me, Bruce.
At the LEAST, I will be getting a running mate.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:57 am

I knew you would love it. There's still time to order the 1 you want! lol

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:17 pm

This is stupid fast for a car this big. Only my ScaleAuto Toyota GT-1's and an NSR GT40
Are faster and I have done nothing to the BRM. NOTHING... straight out of the box. No
sanding tires, lubing, etc. The brakes aren't great, but I'm use to driving car like that.

let me look up 'gobsmacked'.....Yup that's the one...

I'm gobsmacked.

P.S.

It has NO problems with R1 banked turns. The front air dam just barely nicks the track.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:46 pm

My PG tyres arrived yesterday - took it for a drive around my track. It was a good, more grip than the stock tyres on my track. I will have to wait until I get a chance to run it on my friends big track before I can make a true comparison. Noticed the lack of brakes as well - I rarely run cars with the brakes turned up but I feel I need to with this one...
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby n9949y » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:54 pm

BRM is presenting a splendid line of 1/24th RTR's. There are huge offerings of attractive, accurately modeled 1/32's, so now having some for the larger scale is most welcome.

With Pelican park Speedway's very smooth track surface, (MDF w/6 coats of boat deck paint), Pro-Track tires work quite well. As a sharp eye can see I've lowered the car and added detail to the driver figure.

This is my second BRM car, the other is the '71 Penske Ferrari 512M which uses a completely different chassis. The Camero's better-especially through the club track's many corners.

To lower the car I carefully and slightly tweaked the chassis just forward of the motor which lowered the rear, replaced the original guide flag with a longer custom guide tongue and a JK standard guide flag, then ground off a few thousandths off the front tire diameters all which helped lower the front chassis. Shaved off a few thousandths from the mounting posts to lower the body onto the chassis. Because the chassis now rides lower, about .55 front, .60 rear, I used a small diameter plastic tubing to replicate the exhaust pipes. To clear the Pro-Track rear tires from scraping the inside of the rear fenders I had to ever so slightly narrow the rear wheel track.

May notice from the side photos the roll cage assembly is not as apparent; I re-glued the roll cage flush with the roof inside, more modeling accuracy, though I didn't sand thin the roof- didn't go that far with that Penske innovation! May use some N scale letter decals to place on the roof that will spell: "No Push."

Last edited by n9949y on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
n9949y

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale