[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I took the leap....

I took the leap....

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

I took the leap....

Postby Jesla » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Coming to live with me... WooHoo...
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: I took the leap....

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:17 pm

So did one of my customers. I’ve not run it yet but it seems very smooth. I had to open it up and check it out. The chassis is Carrera Digital ready!!! I may need to get one myself and try to talk our racing group in to a series of these. I’d like to stock them but that’s a ton of money to put out hoping they will sell. They are beautiful.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm

You have no idea how much I really didn't want to give Alan the business but I figure they may
not be available for long.

Completely understand, it would be a risky investment.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 pm

I’m trying to order 2-3 for the shop. We’ll see how it goes. I really like that is digital ready.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Congratulations.

What happened to the front end?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Jesla » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Last edited by BRS Hobbies on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:36 pm

I've been toying with picking up a BRM just because. They are sweet.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JamieB » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Bruce, you should bring one out to our next gathering and let everyone run it to compare it to the Carrera cars. For the price, I think most will need to be sold on the car by seeing and driving it. They are beautiful and I'm willing to hear your sales pitch and then at least take it for a test drive. Oh, and bring a Camaro... :lol: :auto-driving:
JamieB
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

I was tossing up between that Mustang and the Sunoco Camaro - I went with the Camaro.

I have so far given it two descent runs - as my track isn't really suited to this car... the first run was at a mates track which is well rubbered in and the car was amazing - grip was great and the way it zipped around the corners was something else - we probably did 200 laps with it and it was pushing the lap record - which I thought was pretty impressive for a big car out of the box. The second run was on a bigger track - not as well rubbered in - the grip wasn't quite the same so it was a bit trickier to drive. A little more work on the tyres and I had it going well but not as grippy as on the first track. I have ordered some urethane tyres for it from PG so will do a comparisons when they arrive.

My next project is to buy a BRM rolling chassis and put it under a 1/24 cuda kit...

I like them...
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:04 pm

I was going to send Paul a set of tires but I'm very happy to hear it's been done, thank you for the honest report.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:38 pm

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:37 pm

I think mine hasn't gotten to me yet is because Bruce is playing with it.....sneaky lil so-in-so. HaHaHa

You go boy! Enjoy!
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale