Scaleauto 1/24 set up...

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Scaleauto 1/24 set up...

Postby 32lbking » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:44 pm

Hey Guys, I am looking for tips on setting up Scaleauto 1/24 cars for CARRERA TRACK. I have 3 [2 Porsche997's and 1 Viper].
I tried one of the Porsches on my track and it runs super smooth but with the magnet in it is way too stuck down [I like a little bit of slide]. I adjusted the magnet up a little higher and still not happy. With no magnet it is skating all over. I usually run urethanes so that is a change I will make.
This was running out of the box, with tightening all of the screws and lubing the motor and greasing the gears being the only thing I did to the car. I did put a piece of tape on the bottom of the chassis to keep it from shorting on the rails.
The guide nut is loose on the post so I need to address that somehow.
Also, there is a black plastic part that mounts between the body posts and the inside of the body sides. I thought it might be to adjust the body height but it moves up and down, so that isn't what is for.
Is it maybe to support the flimsy body in a crash ?

In short, the only advice that I have been given is that blue loctite can be used to hold the screws tight. That is the extent of my knowledge on these cars.
So any advice is welcome.
I would prefer to set it up non magnet or light magnet.
What are the best spots for weight placement ?
If no one runs them on plastic, advice for wood tracks is fine as I have found that most cars that are good on wood are better than stock on plastic.
I posted this on SCI too , but so far just crickets...
Thanks in advance for any advice,
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scaleauto 1/24 set up...

Postby FC47 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Randy, give Alan a chance to notice it, but, email him for some scoop.
I don't have any of those,....yet,
But, he directed me to archived BRM setups in the SCI pages that helped me with those,
I am sure you can pull it off finding the medium you're lookin for..
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Randy we run them all the time I can give you some pointers if you like I will let you know what we do at least. I have never tried the magnet and as you know we only run them with silicone SC01 on them. I am short on time right now sorry but I will be back.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32lbking » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey, thanks guys.
Mike, no rush. whenever you get time. After running your car on your home track a few years ago, I knew I wanted to get one.
Finally got a couple. :)
Randy
32lbking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale