[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - STP car finished (again!)

STP car finished (again!)

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

STP car finished (again!)

Postby btaylor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:13 am

Just finished up my 88 STP Car. for the second time! it was done, and I was making test and tune laps, when an errant wheel set screw that was apparently stuck to the motor, decided to shake loose and contact the spinning armature. The result wasn't pretty, but no real serious damage. I was able to find and put back all the pieces. I did have to repaint the drivers seat area, seems it scared him pretty good when it blew up! :lol:
Car runs like my others, sub 3 second lap times on the oval. I have to hit up Indycals so I can build a few more of these!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: STP car finished (again!)

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:23 am

That is one of my favorites. Well done putting it bac together.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:47 am

Jealous!! You're turning out some beautiful builds.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Bigtwin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:45 am

Btaylor,

Very inspiring job. So much that I had to join the forum to follow this thread and share. We have been building H&R Hardbodies within our Thursday night club for almost 5 years, and have accumulated several classes. My father started the idea even before that with the intent of an IROC class of Cameros. It just exploded from there. We have a vintage SCCA class that runs the 18K Blue Hawk, 1975-95 IMSA, running the 26K, Vintage T/A running the 26K and are currently in the process of a Can Am class and modern GT/ TA with the 26K. We also race modern NASCAR and Fairgrounds Vintage Modifieds on a huge commercial oval. Those cars run the JP Slot 25K Hawk motor which is outstanding in a H&R chassis. I must say that since Kozo shared the link to your Indy builds, there's been an explosion of interest. Several guys bought and are awaiting kits. If you have the chance, could you post some pix of any front mods you did to the chassis to get the axel risers under/ or concealed within the car? Thank you.

Last night, several guys got together and we photographed a bunch around my S&S Speedway. I'll start a thread to share some of the builds and add to it as we move along. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sam
Bigtwin

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:31 am

Sam, I will post some build pics of these when I get home. These have sparked a ton of interest on an Indy page on Facebook as well. It seems that this has not been done on any grand scale before, and classes are starting up all over the place. I have been contacted to build a dozen or so already! I can tell you, they are some serious fun cars to race.
And by the way, welcome to this forum! very great group of people on here, the best there is in my opinion.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby mattb » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:58 am

P1010036.JPGBob, have you considered using Sprintsplus frames. I have used them under a lot of my Indy car builds. I just cut them in half and solder a piece of 1 inch wide brass underneath.. I get the needed wheelbase and added weight that really helps the cars handle. We have switched to the Jaws motor that Slot Car Corner is selling now and it is great under all our hard bodies. We are running transam and hot rod coupes right at 8 seconds on the Blue King, Indy cars about 7.8. Possible we could go faster, but we are gearing down so we don't obsolete the older builds with good running MT5 motors.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 am

Matt, I have not used one yet. The main reason I am using the H&R, is it is a great deal for all parts needed in one package, it can be modified easy, and are readily available. I like to build towards a car almost anyone can duplicate. The Sprint plus would be a great candidate for the 1/25 AMT bodies though!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby scottman27 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey btaylor
love those Indy Cars. i got an account finally,LOL
scottman27

Postby btaylor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob