[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Miller Time!

Miller Time!

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Miller Time!

Postby btaylor » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:44 am

Just finished this one up. Waiting on some rear urethanes to come in and I can make some laps. Same spec setup as my others. Modified H&R Chassis, Lightning motor 9/33 gears, Urethane rear tires, parma guide, big mama braid. This one is a Monogram 1/24 Body, with 1/25 AMT wheel inserts and decals. Hand striped pain.
The gold is lacquer, the white is flat enamel, with ACE brand Clear coat. The rear wing is all brass sheet cut and soldered for strength.
"Indy Bob"
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Miller Time!

Postby strangebrew » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Beautiful... :clap:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Getting ready to buy that kit. You have inspired me to get a few cars built. Of coarse not as fast as you and Shotgun can whip them out!!!
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby arroldn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

So how do they run with that 40K motor compared to when you first started?
I must say you are one craftsman. Great work.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Ok, Who snagged the three pack of those kits with that car in it I had saved in my watch list???
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby btaylor » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:15 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:20 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby DixonJohn » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Nope that wasn't the set. I do have to say, Those cars do come out looking pretty good even without the trans axle cover. Kudos
DixonJohn
"The Mayor"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Late to the party. But this is pretty impressive. You really laid down a great finish.

Enjoy the cold one!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:50 am

Outstanding build once again. Amazing that you can crank these out so well and so fast.
The only bad thing about all these great postings is that if we asked you to build one for us, you could only fairly charge a few hours work -- otherwise you'd be gouging us. Guess you'd be able to book the upcharge to "artists' fee". At least I know the money I've sent you for your cars that I purchased is going to good use.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:50 pm

Thanks for the Kudos Guy's! and Slotter, I did use most of the sold car funs to build my 1/24 collection up. I did however, use some to add to my vintage 1/32 sports cars for the road course.
Oddly enough, I have been approached by several people on face book asking me to build these cars for them.
They are not cheap to build like a ready to run car, but not ridiculous in my opinion. A hand built car that can actually be raced is not easy to find, and can command some serious bucks. I am just not in the market to do that.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:56 pm

You have inspired me to give this a try. We race the H&R chassis on our home mdf tracks as well as a commercial track with many different model bodies... trans-am, IMSA GTO, 90s NASCAR, and even Fairground Bombers.

The amount of cars you have cranked out here in a short amount of time is outstanding!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Considering asking the guys at Bullitt if they want to consider this. We currently us the H&R chassis as the platform for all classes of full body model car class racers. Nascar 2 classes, Nascar truck, Sport truck, fairgrounds, figure 8, GTP, Outlaws, Open Wheel Modifieds. Um maybe they have enough classes LOL.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Glad I've got the drool cloth handy.
Nice build and more to come , gotta love it.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby scottman27 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:35 pm

These Cars Would be an Awesome Class to run.Maybe even some Proxy racing.
scottman27

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale