[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Monogram 80'S Indy cars.

Monogram 80'S Indy cars.

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Re: Monogram 80'S Indy cars.

Postby btaylor » Sun May 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Well, I have two I can run Sunday for Indy! Of course I can run my 1/32 cars, but I wanted to try these out.
Both of these can click off sub .3 second laps on my oval. That's cooking pretty good on my track! I do believe I will have a fleet of these soon. they are awesome to drive, and handle very well.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Z-carfan » Sun May 28, 2017 7:35 pm

You are my hero Bob, great stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sun May 28, 2017 10:47 pm

Whats the chassis on the #3 car? I would do one of these on a dare lol
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Mon May 29, 2017 6:31 am

Jon, i am using the H&R chassis. Its a good fit with a very few mods, and are available to everyone. They run great by the way!
Bob
Last edited by btaylor on Mon May 29, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby RazorJon » Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I see you used H&R on the first build, thought the second might be scratch, yeah I like the H&R also :text-thankyouyellow:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Tue May 30, 2017 4:13 am

Added a third one to the grid Monday. This one gave me fits with the 30 year old decals! I had to do the red stripe by hand. looking at the business end of this car shows you why they are so fast. theres enough meat on the rear for a full set of 1/32 tires! :lol: This one turned a 2.655 best lap. I am usually not into speed so much, but these cars just beg to pull the trigger on the controller.
And yes, they can be fragile! I was going for fast lap when I left the track in turn 3. The wall stopped me nicely, and I lost a wing and front suspension piece. No big deal, glued it back on and went after that best lap.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Dewman51 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:01 am

They look GREAT!!!! Gotta find these in 1/32 scale!!!!! :text-thankyouyellow:
Dewman51

Postby btaylor » Tue May 30, 2017 11:11 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Previous

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale