[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/24 Eagle body projects

1/24 Eagle body projects

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

1/24 Eagle body projects

Postby mattb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:09 am

A couple weeks ago, I got an Eagle vac-form body.
P1010012.JPG

I thought this was a good opportunity to do some molds for a couple more Indy style cars. I poured rubber inside the vac body. Most of the detail is on the inside. I used that pattern as a master to make an outside mold of this body. It came out pretty good. The exhausts are not easy to make and I used the parts from an Eagle model kit to make the exhaust pattern. Since they lay so close to the body, the back side of the exhaust is not too critical. I ended up with a satisfactory car.
P1010005.JPG
Next I took a Lotus 38 body, and cut it off at the cowl and did some reshaping in the area behind the driver. I took an Eagle body and cut it off in the same area, then mated the Eagle front to the Lotus rear and came up with a close approximation of the 66 Indy 500 Eagle. P1010002.JPG

I have about done all the 50's/60's Indy cars I want. I started listing some of the bodies this week. I have a rough mold for the Kurtis Novi and I may try to make a new mold for it next.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/24 Eagle body projects

Postby RBPhillips » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:29 am

Great cars, great topic! May that 1966 #31 last much longer than it did at the race in its new 1/32 history. Those '66 and '67 Gurney cars, last he ran with the injected Ford DOHC, were beautiful beak to exhaust megaphones. The Sid Collins team's radio broadcast of both inspired me to build a fantasy Olsonite car for my 1967 dream life - same metallic blue, ran it in the Pactra Red Ball Lola chassis I owned.

Neat!
RBPhillips

Postby Racie35 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:02 am

Good job Matt!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:27 pm

I used the exhaust from the MPC Olsonite Eagle for the F1 car. Not sure where that car was actually raced. The Indy car was OHV Ford with the same exhaust on the rear deck as the Lotus 38 used. Most pix of the F1 car show the exhaust out the side and it is a Weslake V12, not a V8. The model kit exhausts are for a V8, so I don't know where the side exhaust, V8 car actually ran, but it made a good model!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale