[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Into the Hornet's Nest!

Into the Hornet's Nest!

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Into the Hornet's Nest!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Into the Hornet's Nest!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Now we are getting somewhere . :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Awesome Rob! Glad to see them out and coming together. I really like that green color. Keep the pics coming!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Today, I finished up the decals (insanely thin, and double-layed with the white background as a separate decal-ugh), loaded up both ends of the first car with chrome, made taillights, and Futured it. I discovered that I can get a full interior in it (two-tone gray, not really that pretty). What a boat. I'm using Dave's jalopy tires I kept safe for this job from months ago. Tomorrow (if we don't get snowed in- can you believe it?), I will turn the rear wheels on the lathe, glue the jalopy tires on, and mount the inserts. This car had red wheels, which should look great against the dark, almost black gray body.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:25 pm

I'm watching Rob! These will be great when finished
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:37 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 pm

MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Those are looking great Rob!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Broman62 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Way...that is just all around awesome looking!!!
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Greg, that's exactly who I ordered from yesterday, and Marc is very good about attention to getting orders right. I haven't received my order and I already recommend him.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Excellent. Which driver figure did you choose for the hudsons? He has some nice stuff!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:56 pm

I got 6 of the 50s and 60s guys so I can select the right ones. I'll make good use of the leftovers, for certain.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby btaylor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:15 am

Anybody know if the 1/24 IM driver figures are true to scale? A 1/24 figure is to big for the 1/25 kits we are building. I bought the revell nascar 1/24 driver, and he is way to big for the Hudsons.
Just curious.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:45 am

I hear what you are saying Bob. I used to use old recast Monogram 1/24 drivers in my 1/25 cars. While they do fit after a lot of grinding & modifying, it was a real pain. I'll be interested in your thoughts once you get them Rob, if the figures fit well in the 1/25 cars
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale