[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Which 124 cars do you recommend

Which 124 cars do you recommend

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Which 124 cars do you recommend

Postby rick42 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm

I have 2 carerra 124 vettes. Which 124 scale cars do you recommend for a carerra track.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Which 124 cars do you recommend

Postby FC47 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Rick in my Carrera pen, my C7R's are the first cars I grab to run, whether on rubber urethane or silicone, they hustle drive predictably and handle. And they are well broken in.., after them I've a couple of 458's, same deal, love my Ford GT , and have a 917 that just plain screws. Couple others, a 997 and a Cheetah have never been out....
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Rooster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 pm

If you haven't tried any brand other than Carrera, try a BRM and Scaleauto. They are more $$$ for sure, but a different kind of car. Kinda like a Carrera 1/32 is different from 1/32 NSR / Thunderslot etc. They are all fun, just different.
Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:00 pm

You guys are right,
and several BRM gtp's and they're a blast!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Have you tried running a RMS high speed motor in your Carrera D124 cars yet? You should try one or two first and see what you think. Here's a link to them on the Professor Motor site: http://www.professormotor.com/product-p/rms1000.htm

The conversion couldn't be simpler- just remove the Carrera motor and unsolder the Carrera wiring harness. Remove the Carrera pinion and install on the RMS motor. Drop the motor in place and resolder the wiring harness. All bolts and connections are compatible with the OEM Carrera motors. No chassis modifications required. Compatible with analog (12-16 v) and digital (Carrera D132) power supplies. All that needs to be done is transfer the pinion and solder the wiring harness onto the motor. The motor bracket holds it in place perfectly. The RMS motor is "rated" at 12 volts, however it will accept up to 24 volts without melting down. If it is to be run on the 18 volt Carrera wall packs look out, it's too much! Even with the softest and stickiest urethane tires, 18 volts is too much. You will be able to run 4 cars with magnets without any problems. You won't need any adapter or aftermarket motor pod to make this work. Even without attaching the motor pod screws and they fit and mesh and work perfectly. This motor is your best choice for using the standard 12-14 volt power pack/transformer for your 1/24 cars. No longer do you need to purchase an aftermarket power supply to run your Exclusiv or D124 cars. The motor shaft is standard 2mm so it will accept any pinion you choose. Both Slot.it and Scalextric pinions can be used with no problems, and many standard Carrera pinions as well. Keep in mind Carrera's own Tuning motor rated 24K rpm at 18 volts, this motor is 30K rpm at 12 volts. It's more than twice as fast. But you will NEVER run it that fast. If you are running D124 you should turn the power down to 40-50% and this motor still provides amazing torque for drifting through turns, magnets or no magnets. It will work with Exclusiv cars also.
carlosinseattle

Postby rick42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:29 am

What makes thr BRM and Scaleauto cars different ? Why are they are they twice the price of a carerra? Are they twice the car ? Just curious. I own other than carerra. I have several slot it’s, several racer sideways and a couple of fly cars also. I like all of them.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:57 am

Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 am

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:31 am

Good points by Carlos, and Rooster, you covered that well.
The B's I have are because I like IMSA/GTP/and LM cars. They move out harder, they are a bit lighter, nice body, well-concieved straightforward parts. Put in any gears you want, Yeah the stock rear tire mounting requires plenty of Hot water LOL. I would like more but they are spendy, Im happy with mine.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 am

Rick I think you've grasped it. When I turn up the volts the Carreras are a blast, the BRM's I get warmed up on then I gotta be on my toes. 12ft straight here, but yes it's leading to routed wood for me, just want to see em fly...(inbounds) lol

Too, I put 1/24 model and resin bodies on H&R's, great fun, on Carreras the wheelbase fits, or on spare BRM chassis I have...those cars are built grouped or paired....
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:17 am

What kind of car do you want to race in 1/24? I build brass chassis and put model kits on them, its the only way to get a 62 Impala or a 41 Dodge coupe

If your not ready to scratch build a chassis, H&R still make a great complete chassis ready to run
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby mattb » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 am

The H&R chassis are pretty universal and work great under a variety of bodies and you can pick a motor suited to your track. You can also find dis-continued Pro Track chassis pretty cheap on Ebay. They work fine under most any 1/24 you want to do. They use offset axle bushings to change the wheel base, but we usually just solder in a tube for the front axle for the preferred wheel base. You can cut the sides off the Protrack to make it fit any width body. It is pretty easy to coat any of the old protrack sponge tires with silicone and get a really grippy tire.

I recently bought 10 complete chassis for $120 on ebay. Hard to beat that price. Used, but complete. Had 40k motors which are un-driveable for us, so they required a change to the "Jaws" motor. This let us build complete chassis for under $30.

Don't forget the old Womps which can be cut in half and made to handle as good as any of the other chassis listed
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

If you want a nice looking Carrera, get a Ferrari 512S.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:21 pm

You look hard enough you can find a brand new ScaleAuto BMW for under $90 and thats a steal.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale