[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New BRM Trans Am cars

New BRM Trans Am cars

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Re: New BRM Trans Am cars

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:45 pm

It looks like it has a black vinyl roof. They are great looking cars and will be quite decent runners I think
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Love em. My first car was a '67, blue, black top, 15" 50's on all four corners, and about a 425 horse 327....
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

$120 plus shipping, seems kind of high to me. Figure total cost is $130-$140. If they were 1/32 cars, they would be less than $50 unless they are quality built and not like the current 1/32 cars. I would put the style of trans am cars we race against any of these. Our cars have H&R brass chassis, not plastic, 17,500 motors, and currently made commercial running gear parts. The cost to build one of these cars is about $70-$80 plus the cost of a model kit or promo for the body. For under $100 you can build a nice car that is completely serviceable and it's not too challenging, just over the counter bolt together parts.

hot wheels camaro.JPG

P1010005.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Remember before you start looking at pricing from the UK - that BRM is working in partnership with a US business so you will be able to get them locally. Your cars look good Matt - but there are lots of people out there who have neither the time or skill to build / paint a car from a kit therefore to them being able to purchase a ready to run car would be quite appealing.
Last edited by Dangermouse on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm Thinking the Chassis is ready to accept a Carrera Digital Chip?

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:13 am

Ok well mine arrived just after Christmas.
A quick review:
Fantastic finish on the body - I got the Sunoco Camaro with a black vinyl roof. The finish is very impressive.

Performance wise - they run great - I took mine over to a mates place for a quick run - he has a 19m track were the best times are around 5.4sec done by a very nicely setup Ninco Megane (mine) and a Ninco NSX (not mine :) ) Well with bare minimum of tuning (we sanded the tyres a little two take any gloss off) we had the Camaro and my mates Mustang running 5.7secs and 5.85 secs the cars hooked up really well and the cornering was just wonderful - I did 100 laps just loving each minute as it powered around the tight hook corner at the end of the main straight.

Once I work out how to upload some photos I will post some on here.

My verdict - go out and get yourself one ! :) My next purchase will be a Mustang white kit as I can feel a Moffant #9 Coke car repaint coming on....

cheers
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:27 am

One the digital question:
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 am

How did they make that pit lane?

And this is what I did not need to see. I have to buy one or more.....................
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 am

That is a nice Pit Lane. A close up of the video shows they've done some work to some track sections to get that result.

kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Nice demo, looks like a great runner. I ran open wheel, and love CanAm, IMSA/GTP, LeMans cars, but its all I can do to keep from snagging a black Yunick Mustang.....time will tell
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale