[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - why i love my new printer!

why i love my new printer!

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

why i love my new printer!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Lots of talk about this 3d thing, and i am so glad i looked in on Docs thread. I am not good at this sort of thing, but what little i can do, has pleased me to no end. So far i have made about a dozen actual 1/25 scale people (try finding 1/25 spectators?), six driver figures, and one modified chassis to try. David was also right about the 3d community being very sharing. I received three files from a friend for free, so i could achieve a couple of my goals. I am spending a lot of build time painting people though! but this whole printing thing is way cool, even for an old fart like me!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: why i love my new printer!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Bob - I am SO happy you are pleased with these and I can see why - they are awesome!!! I love how you did the shirts with some decals and the camo cargo shorts crack me up!!! The fact that you can size any figure up or down really benefits all the scales in the hobby.

What is most amazing is that in the past, you had maybe 12 different spectators to choose from. Now we have hundreds!

I'm actually painting some of mine right now LOL and have printed about 110. I find this to be such a fun aspect of the hobby. It is odd to be on this side instead of doing 3D for car bodies. But, such is life, and I'm having a heck of a good time. I figure my printer has already paid for itself.

BTW - the guy in the gray t-shirt up front with the beard looks EERILY similar to our own Steve S., known as GameOver, here on the forum. Spooky so!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bigman » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 pm

bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby -Nimrod- » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:12 am

Great stuff
Nice to see so many new 3D Printer people on board.
With so many different people we now have a vast pool of knowledge that can build a vast library of free 3D files to share.
More to the masses

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 am

Wow. Some day we'll have printers that can output objects with that kind of color detail. :)
Wonderful work!
MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:29 pm

The ability to do multiple colors already exists with splicers....but it's slow and wastes a lot of material. I have seen "colorable" ideas....and they will be available in a few years I am sure.
But the modeling aspect is pretty cool on the logo shirts....I like it!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:43 pm

This is sooooo cooool to see this all happening like it is...easing in and then it just getting better!!! Large grey shirt fellar...can you say...(man boobs??) :o :D :dance:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrFlippant » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:51 pm

MrFlippant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 3D Slot Forum