[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mission accomplished!

Mission accomplished!

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

Mission accomplished!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:08 am

Well, after waiting for what seamed like months on my spool of PLA, I finally got to print some whole characters. My first three came out just fine to me, and more are being made as I type this. My settings are at the 1.0 mark, enough detail to make me happy for spectators. The heat is set at 200, using almost a full fill setting, to eliminate the honeycomb effect on the inside of the figure. My scale is set at 70mm, to be as close to 1/25 as I can get. Now to start painting some up!
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Mission accomplished!

Postby 73emgee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:58 am

Congrats, must be a good feeling to see it all come together. Been watching this tread between David and you with much interest.
73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:29 am

Yes, well done Bob. I'm not quite ready to get one...but seems to me it is inevitable.

This is what the forum is all about. The more the better.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 am

Congrats, Bob....well done. Now that you are down the rabbit hole, you will find so many many opportunities for things you never knew you needed.......
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:45 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 am

Looking good there Bob! I think they look great!

Check your email, Sir!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:11 am

David, where else are you finding figures to print? I have not seen the Charlie daniels/Rob looking guy on thingverse.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 am

Bob, they are all there, but I'll see if I can send you the link.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 am

All...
When you are in Thingiverse, click on the designer's name and you can go to their page which has a link to all of their designs. The Coney island guy has a bunch of people under his designs.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

I have been studying the "me" guy. Its eerie. He has pockets full of crap the same way I do all the time, and there's a little bit of flashing under his hand that looks a lot like the bottom of the controller he will have in his hand. Perfect for me to attach the twisted cord to. I wonder if I am good enough to micro paint an HRW logo on the hat the same as the one I will be wearing in the photo I'm going to do.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Junior » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Bob,
I would be interested in the getting a copy file of your spectators so I can test once I get my printer. I am not interested in printing a city of people, put it would be a good starter print.
Thanks
Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby ccobra » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:25 am

Now that you are starting to get the hang of it you can really get in the holiday spirit and print out a 1/32 scale turkey and motorize it. You'll really enjoy the printer and I can't wait to see what comes from you laboratory.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:19 am

Junior, I will try and send you the files. I will need help of course, as I am a dummy at this!
Ccobra, Most of my builds are turkeys anyway, so it would not be anything new...lol

Side note to those who are new to these printers like me: I put my printer out in my shop, on a sturdy bench out of harms way. I set up to print three figures. The shop is not climate controlled, and our temps went down in the thirties. The bases would not stick making a figure, much past the knees. I cleaned my table, and started over. same thing happened. I did a search, and found my table temp setting was to low. it worked fine in the house, but terrible in the cold shop. Not enough heat for adhesion. Problem is fixed at the new temp. The default setting is 40, I upped it to 60. those might be Celsius, cause its hotter than 60 degrees. Its an easy adjustment made at the control knob on the printer. just scroll it to get to temp settings, and adjust if needed.
Hope this helps

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby ccobra » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 am

To make the parts sick better you might try a light coat of cheap hair spray. If you really want a laugh, when paying for it at the checkout counter, ask the clerk if they think it will make your plastic stick better. Anyway, don't forget to keep any fans from blowing on the printer also for this will affect the prints also. I was printing a car body once and everything was going fine so I was looking elsewhere when the wife entered the room and turned on the ceiling fan. A little later when I checked on how it was printing I noted I had a printed turkey on the platform and another project for the ol'bucket of missed prints.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 3D Slot Forum