[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Taylor T/A proxy results are in!

Taylor T/A proxy results are in!

Let's build the big ones!

Taylor T/A proxy results are in!

Postby btaylor » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Well I finally got all the results fixed up. Had to bring in the big guns on this one! My wife did all the PC work. :lol: First off, let me say just how much fun these cars were to run. The times were pretty close all the way around, and the chassis and motor specs made them all feel very similar. Found out how much weight effects everything! We had some super light cars, and some on the heavy side. The first pic is the summary page. Everything tallied up. after that is the breakdown, and results from each round. At first I tried running them like I always do, using a three minute time frame, and give points based on the number of laps ran. It quickly became apparent that all the cars were ending on the same lap count, in the same track segment!
I abandoned that idea, and went for unique way of scoring. First we did a best time in each lane. Using the 10 lap base, I could easily establish the best lap for each car. Based on best time, points were awarded from the number of cars we had . 14 being the most points at fastest lap, and 1 being the lowest points for slowest time. We then had a heads up elimination round. We drew car numbers from a can, and went side by side for three minutes each race. From 14 To seven cars, using the last winner to even the odds, we ended up with An overall winner. Points were awarded for making it through each round, culminating in final victory. I brought in some unbiased judges to Do the Concours portion, and awarded points for First ,second and third place. I also awarded points for "Hosts choice". All these were fed into the PC to determine the overall champ at Dire Straights Raceway, T/A Proxy. Now I will let you look through the numbers, and a few pictures, Then you can start cussing me!
Concours winner. 1st place
Hosts choice 4424ever. absolutely beautiful car!
Fast lap winner.
elimination winner.
The bowties.
The Mopars.
The blue oval brigade.
Had a blast Guy's! and no damage! A great bunch of builds, the next tracks will have a great time im sure.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Taylor T/A proxy results are in!

Postby Gameover » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Wow great work bob. Told ya my car was slow but never expected to win concours. Tjanks judges! Cant wait for the next round!

Once again thanks bob for doing this.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Not a swear word from me! :)

Woohoo!!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Well, it figures Mr. Deep Pockets wins concours with the high dollar backing. Name brand paint and he didn't have to lay it down under a shade tree.

Brew can build the best. Congrats!!!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mnfordguy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Contgrats to Gameover on the concours win. Cars all looked great.
Already starting to build a running mate for mine.
mnfordguy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:42 pm

I like the points system a little involved but straightforward and after all the possible combinations there’s a tight race with ties in the totals. Excellent job Bob kudos to the host and participants :text-thankyouyellow:
And a big thank you for the host pic award I’m glad you liked it :music-rockout:
Dave!
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:03 pm

...WOWSA!......I never win anything. :o
Great job Bob. :clap:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Bob,
Thanks for starting and hosting this series. Any insight on the #9. My #48 seems to be in the hunt for a podium. Since I couldn't run them I am pleased to have 1 car in the hunt.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:55 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Yeah I just wish I had order the right hood for the Cuda. Never would have known that a '70 and '71 had a major hood front-end change.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Fantastic BT...thanks very much for hosting this series!! Congrats to all the winners and all the participants...a lot of fantastic looking cars...looking forward to the next race in line!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Bob,
I Know you have been busy. Any chance we can get an update on how the cars performed or the next stop in the series?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi Arroldn,
The cars arrive at my track a few weeks ago from Bob.
I’ve run into a delay in coordinating drivers this close to Christmas, that and some conflicts on my side have occurred.
I’m working to get a day in before Christmas.

I should have posted something sooner to keep everyone up to date. My apologies.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Taylor 1/24 TA Proxy 2018