[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TransAm build!

TransAm build!

Let's build the big ones!

TransAm build!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: TransAm build!

Postby Gameover » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:43 pm

yahoo!!!!!! looking great! my stuff should arrive by next week.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:44 pm

Excellent!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Looking good!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Austin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:15 am

I was hoping some one was going to do a 70 camaro, Great start.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:24 am

Todd, I know your into your build pretty good at this point, but these are coming your way also. you will find them to be a bit taller that the PG narrow ribless, but shorter that your drag slicks. A nice T/A tire all in all. coming in untrued at 29 mm.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:21 am

Bob -
That will be great! I haven't done any gluing / truing yet - and if those will be headed this way - I definitely want to wait to try them out!
Thank you sir!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:07 am

Looking outstanding so far! I don't know...it's just me I suppose, but those torque thrust look bad ass on this car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Fitzy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:30 am

I Agree those Torque Thrust Wheels belong on that car!
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Another vote for the torque thrusts, can’t wait to see it ready for action!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 pm

As much as I prefer the American Racing Torq Thrust's, I just looked through my Trans Am book (The Cars of Trans-Am Racing 1966-1972), searching out the 1970-72 Camaros, and I can't find a single entry that had anything but the Superlite wheels. It looks to me like Scalextric got that one right. You're still on your own with this decision!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby JamieB » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Looking good! I’ll go against the grain and vote for the minilites. The Torque Thrust wheels make it look too much like a Pro Touring car from the late 1990’s. I was considering building this kit but I read a few negative reviews about the quality. What are your impressions of the model kit?
Thanks!
JamieB
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey...That’s the same one I bought at HL last week with my 40% discount coupon!!! Sure is some thin plastic on these cars plus my body has a very slight warp to it which I tried the “Wise” method this afternoon out in the sun but I don’t think it was long enough out there cause it still has the warp :mad: :mad: !! I’m thinking once I glue on the few pieces I need I may need to reinforce the joints with some epoxy!! Anyway TT...looking forward to how you attack this!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:10 am

Spent some time with the kit last night, cutting pieces off the trees, deburring, etc.
I hadn't read any of the reviews on the kit - but so far, I am not seeing anything that concerns me regarding use as a slot car body. :)
The main body in my kit is warp free and showed very little in the way of flashing / seem lines.
In prepping the various parts that attach to the body, the only component that needed any real attention was the rear tail light panel - initially it required the right quarter panel to be pulled outward in order to get it in place. A little sanding of both mating areas has it fittings up well now.
The body is thinner than some models I have dealt with in the past - but it has good rigidity, so I look at that as actually a positive thing. :)
One unique part of this kit is that it doesn't use an interior tub, but rather has each of the components separate. The floor pans and rear sub-frame are a combined component, as is the rear seat / package tray - but the door panels and firewall (and naturally dash) are all separate pieces. I think this may actually make life easier for chassis fitment as I will be able to mock up the various panels without the floor pans in place to easily see where things need to be trimmed to clear the chassis, motor etc. :)
All in all, I think this kit is going to work well for this conversion.
More updates to follow!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 am

OK - work and fall activities got in the way of slot building fun - but I am back on it!
Looking through my oddball colors for something a bit different than the factory orange and what the rest of the field will be wearing....

Sage Green it is!

Currently working on detail painting and decals - more updates to follow!
:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to Taylor 1/24 TA Proxy 2018