[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway, MA

Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway, MA

Re: Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway, MA

Postby alexis in greece » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:56 am

Did I mention that I wear glasses? The small size and humped back said Alfa TZ to me, I didn’t read the list...

Here are a few comments I made to another small car entrant:

Your car is relatively small and narrow, so less forgiving on this big track.

You are probably asking because it qualified higher and maybe finished lower. That put it in the race against bigger, wider, and faster cars, which drivers try to keep up with, but can’t. Notice how the top four are all wide for instance. The smaller cars, the 904s, the Bobtail often have the speed, but can’t corner at speed with the wide bodies. I can’t emphasize enough how fast and forgiving the top four cars are, you can overdrive into a corner and they just hunker down and work through. As a lover of small cars (I co organize the Sprite and U13 proxies with VTECFOUR) I know Size matters, and bigger cars are nearly always faster at this big track.

Your Alfa, I mean Ferrari, didn’t have too much motor and drove well for its speed. That was not the case with all the small cars, so you had to remember to brake hard, or go slower than motor allows. When you are switching cars every three minutes, that is a challenge.

The other issue is that track owner Bob who qualified the cars can get the most out of any car. Bob, cover your ears: The rest of the club aren’t as good a drivers, especially at his track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:54 pm

Thanks again for your comments.By the way when is the next U13
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dundee Denny » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:31 pm

As an outsider with no car in the race, I have felt like I was apart of this, from all the great pictures and the detail about the particular cars!!

Thanks for all the effort that has had to go into this, with the bonus being all us "non-participants" that got to be apart of all the action.

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks, DD appreciate the kind words!

Here’s how we did the race.

Bob had the software setup when we arrived. We all did some practice runs to get a feel for the cars.

We had five club members: four drove and one ran the race Mgmt. Each driver would drive four heats in their lane before rotating to the next fastest lane, and then to race manager. We feel this avoids a better driver benefitting one car over another. Between heats, drivers would clean tires and rotate cars while I took a photo or two and did a quick report on my iPad. We would share info as cars moved through the heats (no brakes, wheel hop, tippy, too light in front, too much motor, etc.). Most drivers used DiFalco controllers and we really used the sensitivity control to tame some os the overmotored cars, the Sprite moving from beast to beauty with 75% sensitivity boost for instance.

I would love to report current lap and time status during the heats, but need to be a dedicated reporter to do so, and didn’t have enough crew at this race.

JT

JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:01 am

Please, no apologies for the reports that have been provided. You all have done a great job.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Out of nowhere Tapatalk is working?!?! Where was when I was Qualifying?

mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:50 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks for hosting and providing feedback, Looks like the Lotus 30 liked going the wrong way.

Congrats to the winners.

A fine looking bunch of cars.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:30 am

Wow what times let's go racing good luck to all. Adrian ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Thanks for the fix to the pink lady.