SCCA Proxy - The Cars are Starting to Arrive

SCCA Proxy - The Cars are Starting to Arrive

Postby Audi1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 am

The first two cars have arrived from New Zealand; a Costin Lister Jaguar from John (munter) and a Kurtis Kraft 500X from his mate, Viv; both on custom chassis. I have to say that I have never seen packing like this before; looks totally professional. if these cars run half as well as the packing job that they arrived in, then the race is definitely going to be for third place. And did I mention the modeling skills.........… Wow! Pics to follow early next week.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCCA Proxy - The Cars are Starting to Arrive

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Another arrival yesterday; this one from Dan (BARC 1); a Lotus 30 in standard BARC livery. Nice car!

Pics of the first three in-house racers later tonight.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:59 pm

I will be at SCC Monday for the last test of my Cobra before shipping. :shhh:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Here are the first three cars to arrive.

First in were the cars that are traveling the greatest distance in the mail; munter's and Viv's, all the way from New Zealand.

1. Viv - Kurtis Kraft 500X:

2. Munter - Costin Lister Jaguar:

Next was BARC 1's car from Grande Prairie, Canada.

3. BARC 1 - Lotus 30:

Three very nice looking cars!

Note: Gentlemen - don't forget your roll bars - this is SCCA, not FIA; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fathead59 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:11 pm

That is 3 Nice looking cars, if the rest of the field will be anything like those I would not have stood a chance, can't wait for the rest of the cars to show , good work gentlemen
Fathead59
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:27 pm

NIce cars. I may have chosen the wrong body style. Those babies are low. Say how low can you go how low can you go!!!!!
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:33 am

So, as I said, we now have 4 more cars in house.

I have to say that the modeling in some of these cars is really nice; making the modeling aspect of this proxy series almost as important as the tuning aspect, which is great to see. So, without any further adieu, here they are:

1. Porsche 904 - Tony ("the other Tony") (BrumosRSR):

2. Corvette C2 SR2 - Chris (chrisguyw):

3. Lotus 30 - Chas (Charlesx):

4. Chaparral Mk 1 - Dennis (gascarnut):

So, that's 7 in the house, so far. Only about 30 left to go...…………. ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:37 am

I'm going to copy the entry list from the registration thread here, so that everyone can see who's in the house and who's still outstanding, but hopefully getting ready to post their car(s)…….

Modified Division

(Racer / Car / Class / Number)

1. Old23 / Chaparral 2A / C Modified / #366 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
2. Alexis in Greece / Ferrari 166MM Uovo / E Modified / #163 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
3. BARC-1 / Lotus 30 / C Modified / #20 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
4. BrumosRSR / Porsche 904 / E Modified / #3 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
5. ALS / Porsche 904 / E Modified / #65 Registration PAID Address for Decal
6. glasshorsevh / Elva Mk VII BMW / D Modified / #67 Registration PAID Address for Decals
7. charlesx / Lotus 30 / C Modified / # 4 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
8. GAS41T / Maserati Tipo 61 (birdcage) / D Modified / #60 Registration PAID Address for Decals
9. munter / Costin Lister Jaguar / C- Modified / #19 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
10. DRW21 / Cheetah / B Modified / #8 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
11. Mitch58 / Ferrari 250 GTO / C Modified / #24 Registration PAID Address for Decals
12. midagekid1 / Cheetah / B Modified / #15 Registration PAID In the House
13. Viv / Kurtis Kraft 500x / B Modified / #524 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
14. Doubl-B / Cooper T-39 Bobtail / F Modified / #5 Registration PAID In the House
15. chrisguyw / Corvette SR2 / B Modified / #2 Registration PAID - In the House
16. Czar / Cheetah / B Modified / #9 Registration PAID Address for Decals
17. Gascarnut / Chaparral Mk 1 / C Modified / #66 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
18. Duke7777 / Maserati 300s / D Modified / #16 Registration PAID Address for Decals
19. Arroldn / Ferrari 250 GTO / C Modified / #112 Registration PAID Address for Decals
20. Oscar Racing / Ferrari 250 LM / C Modified / #170 Registration PAID Address for Decals
21. BrumosRSR / Ferrari 250LM / C Modified / #33 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
22. Dodgefarmer / Cooper 61 Monaco / C Modified / #97 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
23. Aloha / Chaparral 2A / C Modified / #0 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House

Production Division

(Racer / Car / Class / Number)

1. Austin / Ford AC Cobra / A Production / #17 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
2. Audi1 / Corvette C2 Sting Ray / A Production / #30 Registration PAID Address for Decals - In the House
3. Leadfoot / Ford AC Cobra / A Production / #63 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
4. Chappy / Austin Healey Sprite / H Production / #23 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
5. cj74 / Jaguar XK-120 / C Production / #36
6. Z-carfan / Jaguar XK-120 / C Production / #31 Registration PAID Address for Decals
7. Radarek / Ford AC Cobra / A Production / #127 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
8. HRW Jim / Corvette C2 / A Production / #62 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
9. torquemutant / Corvette C2 Sting Ray / A Production / #7 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
10. Alexis in Greece / Austin Healey 3000 / C Production / #46 Registration PAID Address for Decals In the House
11. Duke7777 / Alfa Romeo TZ1 / C Production / #6 Registration PAID Address for Decals
12. Arroldn / Porsche 911 / D Production / #1 Registration PAID Address for Decals

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am

There's a Cheetah in the house...………..!

Another entry from down under, this one is Dave's (drw21) model of the classic big bore, front motor hot-box racer:

Also on a custom piano wire/brass chassis with the 25k slimcan motor.

The field is shaping up very nicely! The B Modified and C Modified classes are going to keep everybody on the edge until this series completes.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Chaparral #366 in the mail today.

Class decal and mirror have been added.
Old23

Postby chappy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow. I encountered a bit of bother.
Blonde hair and other chesty mods which for some strange reason i just couldn't do.
The decals I ordered have not arrived so unfortunately the striping will be wrong.
But Donna Mae will be onnher way. And as her competitors said the car is pink and goes like stink. I sure hope the model does her name proud, but I'm not holding my breath
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Little orange "snowbird" :lol: is on it's way south for the winter.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Shipped mine today. I did everything I know of to make it fast but from the looks of the builds, I'm not expecting much from the Vette. Thanks again for doing this guys. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Leadfoot46 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:37 am

Cobra was shipped yesterday, should be there in 6 working days!

Leo
Leadfoot46

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:34 am

I should have mine in the mail Friday, ran into a few issue that stole build time, but made progress last night.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy