[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy Round 3

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy Round 3

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy Round 3

Postby Fozzy Bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 am

All jokes aside that big fat beast of a car was smooth, well balance and seem to dance for all 3 drivers. You see it threw out the lineup a car would be good with 2 drivers but not the 3rd. Well done #17 we all where surprised after we did the math. It did defiantly have a wheelbase advantage yet the other boat anchor didn't fair so well.
Fozzy Bear

Postby Fozzy Bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 am

On to the Rubber side of things. Without a doubt the number 77 was by far the fastest car on the field yet it didn't fair so well in the over all test. All 3 drivers didn't seem able to keep this car together. Even with marshals with golden fingers a wipeout costs time. Being smooth not fast was the name of the game. #62 did this exceptionally well. It felt like a slippery version of the modifieds. It was very well balanced and seem to be forgiving in all aspects. As an example if you came into a turn to fast it would slide out instead of roll. It had the perfect balance of tail happy wiggle without putting the rear tires forward. The car never did anything weird, it was predictable, and smooth. Well done #62.
Fozzy Bear

Postby Fozzy Bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 am

Modified Laps Place
#17 108.8 1
#15 106.1 2
#7 103.9 3
#33 102.6 4
#27 99.1 5
#79 98.6 6
Fozzy Bear

Postby Fozzy Bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:11 am

Rubber Runners
# Laps Place
#62 97.8 1
#66 92.7 2
#8 92.5 3
#21 91.8 4
#77 89.3 5
#1 88.8 6
#35 86.8 7
#37 86.5 8
#13 86.2 9
#14 85.4 10
#15 85.2 11
#25 84.5 12
#18 83.8 13
Last edited by Fozzy Bear on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy Bear

Postby Fozzy Bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 am

I want to thank all the racers for building such awesome cars. I wish you all the best of the luck in the next rounds. From all of us to all of you we wish you all the best.
As a side note this proxy is the last thing that will ever be raced on this track as it will be torn down and dismantled due to moving. Don't be too sad as the next track will be twice as crazy and longer. Remember to keep your finger on the trigger and the car in the slot.........
Fozzy Bear

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Congratulations Pepsi 62, Dewmans51 and 2x to 8wheels!!! Also Sweetpea and midagekid1 on your modified podiums. Fozy, thanks for the commentary, hosting and your team for running the cars. The track definately appears to be challenging for any driver, new or seasoned. Enjoy the new track and stories of the old one
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Congratulations to podiumites, definitely interesting results in the modified class...
Thanks to,Calgary crew for hosting...
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:05 pm

well what can I say, many thanks to all the drivers, marshalls, race organiser, etc, very pleased with the result.

congratulations to all podium placegetters in both stock and modified classes and to all other entrants as well.

It certainly looks pretty close racing in both classes

I cannot take any credit for the 62 being soo good, have to thank Tom for doing all the work to it
I purchased the car from Tom, gave him the instructions on what I wanted done, ( fit the deeper guide and back off body screws 1/2 turn) and I sent the numbers over and he stuck them on, It made no sense for me to have him send it to Australia, me do a few tweaks and send it back so lets call it an aussie/canada joint venture
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks to the Calgary crew and especially Matt for taking on this series and hosting. I know it is summer and we have a lot of other things to do besides hiding out in an basement and racing cars but thank you all again!!!! Yes the results are a surprise but that is what racing is all about.. Glad to see a mix of cars taking turns on the podium.. The boat anchors are holding there own against the `Stangs`and `Camaros`. I hope they can keep this pace up but all I know is that this will be tight racing right to the end.. Just remember that all racers are allowed to take one race off out of the series.. Congrats to the winners and now we are off to Kelowna for the 4th race. I will post these results in the overall spreadsheet asap to see who is leading the pack in both classes.

In regards to the Pespsi 62 car, it seems it is one of those perfect cars that you find. You can build 10 of the same car and only get one that runs very well. I was a bit discouraged when the wheels decided to leave the car in race 1 after it qualified so well, but after getting them fixed, it is leaving its mark on this proxy. I like the joint Aussie/Canadian venture.

midagekid1
Last edited by midagekid1 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Yes the #77 is a fast car as it has an upgraded Typhoon motor which is stock for that particular Pioneer model. The rules stated in the stock class that it had to have the original drive train that was installed when it was produced so it fits the class.. I know this car will perform well on a good magnet track due to its power band...this car is going to be a surprise in future races.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Congrats to the podium finishers...it is fun to see this play out!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:32 pm

I noticed a small typo in the stock class results.. there are two #13 cars but checking the board picture against the written results, the #13 car with 83.8 laps should be the #18 car... I have this corrected in my lap totals which will be on the board quickly in an revised spread sheet.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Congrats to all.
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:40 am

I see my big whale couldn't handle the curves. Why to go SweetPea, keep the Mopar Banner flying. Congrats to Tom and 8Wheels on your podium finish.
Congrats to the stock class podimites as well. 5th place finish for my Stang. Dale got you by one position in this round.

Will be looking for the spread sheet. I guess I'll now be in 3rd place in the Modified Class. More wedge naw turn the torsion bar.

Dariusz looks like our speed cars had some problems here.

Thanks to all who made this round possible.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

I want to thank all those ( The DRIVERS, TURN MARCHELS, and the PIT CREW MEMBER) who made it posable to get my first podiums ever. :text-thankyouyellow: And thanks for hosting this round and the last race on this track, hope the new one is just as good as the last one. And now on to the next track. Will it be wood or plastic? I like the combination of the mod. and stocks running in the same event. :text-bravo:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018