[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Well it only took 12 pages to actually get to some racing.. :lol:

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Tom,
How many more in the modified class? Brumos #33 makes 5 in modified and 10 in stock prior to the additional cars received today.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tin_indians » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Thanks for the shakedown guys. This is my very first proxy I've ever entered. What better class to run than stock? As I absolutely SUCK at tuning. :oops:
Are there going to be pictures posted of the cars Tom?
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Working on figuring out how to get pics of the cars up ASAP.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:56 am

cool stuff, looking forward to seeing all these pioneer beauties running, Not much in the stock class times, which is what you would expect to see, tyre prep may well be the telling factor
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:49 am

I have set up #7 for modified class. Thanks for the clarification, and race on :auto-layrubber:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 am

All racers,please check your car below and ensure it is registered in the proper class..and anyone who is entering and has sent out there car, please let me know as the 1st race will be probably running next week on the GETCARS OIL CITY SLOT SPEEDWAY TRACK. A 4 lane 95 foot monster wooden track with chalk board paint. Next month the cars will be pushed on THE RICE BOWL DELUXE TRACK. A 4 lane 90 + Scalextric plastic track also located in Edmonton Alberta. It will be interesting to see the two results from two very different courses. The excitement is building as the crews and drivers are doing final preparations to make sure there cars peform well for the first two events.

Radarek (#27 Camaro in modified class) 7.100
Brumos (#33 Camaro in modifed class) 7.612
Pepsi62 (#62 Camaro in stock class) 7.992
Aloha (#35 Mustang in stock class) 8.223
Midagekid1 (#15 Camaro in stock class) 8.143
Midagekid 1 (#15 Camaro in modified class) 7.076
8wheels (#8 Camaro in stock class) 8.003
8wheels (#7 Camaro in modified class) 7.729
Arroldn 1 (#1 Mustang in stock class) 7.972
Arroldn 1 (#79 Charger in modified class) 7.050
Dewman51 (#66 Mustang in stock class) 8.312
tin_indians (#37 Camaro in Stock class) 7.873
Racer944 (#18 Mustang in stock class) 7.673
Racer944 (#14 Camaro in stock class) 7.945
Slot GT (#25 Mustang in stock class)
SweetPea (#7 Charger in modified class)
Idle Time Racing #21 Mustang in stock class)
digital springer (#77 Mustang in stock class)
Last edited by midagekid1 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:59 pm

So it looks like the modified field will be comprised 6 cars and the stock class 12. Now to see if the #79 Charger can dominate the field. :D
2 Chargers verses 5 Cameros. This is definitely a test of length vs width. :|
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Yes this will be a great test...especially seeing how the Chargers can compete with the rest of the field.. looking forward to this proxy. I know there will be a lot of people on the side lines to see how the Pioneer cars handle and holdup in this endurance race.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:39 pm

Honestly, I like how the Pioneer drives versus the Scalextric I built for the Trans Am Proxy. Of course your results may vary as my cars are near the back of both proxies.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:54 pm

I don't think you need to worry... cars will be on both wood and plastic and I can't wait to see the results from both road surfaces... I will get to see the cars race in Edmonton on both and when the cars wind up, the final race of the series will be on Carrera plastic. In that regards, we will have Scalextric and Carrera plastic to compare results. I wish I had someone who had Ninco plastic track... that would be interesting to compare with the other brands.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Tom,
Well if you are a reader of Model Car Racing Magazine you will know that the stock class cars will have an advantage on Scaley Sport vs Carrera. More magnetic down-force on Scaley. I can't wait for the racing to begin.

Brumos,
These were my first Pioneers to try and setup. May need more experimentation. My Charger ran 20 laps at 1.01.12 secs with a 2.89 fast lap. No where close to my TransAm Cars at 57.86 secs fast lap of 2.65. Now the Charger is 6 grams and 12 grams heavier than my TransAm Cudas.

We will just have to wait until race day. Can't wait.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:38 pm

hmmm no chargers in the stock class,
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 am

It sure will be a blast and the only Chargers are in the modified class...it will be interesting to see how they compare to each other. From my experience, they are a challenge to tune for wood, especially with no magnets.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018