[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CanAm proxy Round 8 , CANFIELD GREEN

CanAm proxy Round 8 , CANFIELD GREEN

Re: CanAm proxy Round 8 , CANFIELD GREEN

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:23 pm

No rush Chappy, take a moment to relax after that nightmare situation. We'll be here.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm

Well i just got a call and it looks like tomorrow is a go for qually and the run off.
I have 35 cars here and have given cursory examinations and quick test run.
The only major issue i have come across is on the rear body post of Car -1 the BRM.
The chassis is screwed into the post, but the post is broken flush below the body.
Now it seems to run just fime as is but if the owner would like it to be reattached i can do a quick crazy glue job, if not i can run it as is.
Stewart i don't expect you to make it on such short notice, but you are welcome by sll means as is Dr Evil.
After some of the test runs, i can see that this is a very tight field of cars. All just a bit different in design and noise , but so very close in performance.
I will attempt to get the results out as soon as i can since i know you are all wondering. As for pictures, i cant post worth a hoot so i may send them to someone who can post them for the race.
It should be very exciting and close racing tomorrow, so stay tuned
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Old23 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Bob, sorry I have other plans for tomorrow and can't make the drive down there, but I hope you and your team have a great time racing the cars. :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag:
Stewart
Old23

Postby Audi1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 am

I can post the pics for you, Bob. Just email them to me at: apjarvis@aol.com and I'll get them up for you.

Have fun racing them!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 am

Hey Bob
I thought you were going to say it's gone missing!! :lol:

So - I'll only say that if you have the time and motivation to repair it - please CA it... It sounds like it may not impact performance too much - so if you think it will still provide fun for everyone to drive, I'm fine with leaving it as is. If it gets jammed or starts hopping around- just pull it - not a big deal to me.

Thank you for the update ! (posts are a little bigger now on my model!)
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Well lads she is all over . The Fat lady has sung, and gone horse to boot.
I think you will see some very interesting numbers come from Canfield Green.
That 24 foot straight and long sweeper really sorts out the cars with legs.
I have emailed the results sheet to Allan for distribution and he may forward it to Todd so it looks pretty.
I will get some photos sent off as soon as i catch my breath.
I will say the lads here had more fun than in any other proxy, being that the racing produced a lot of side by side action.
One of the ti22 cars lost the rear wing. And the BRM motor actually caught fire .
It was extinguished but there was some noticeable melt to parts of the body.
I will still send the smoldering heap home Matt.
I wish the Podiumites hearty congrats and everyone for building such a great group of cars to compete.
Stay tuned for results, and then pics with a bit of a better race report
Thanks again for the priveledge of allowing me to host your cars at Canfield Green.
All my best
Bob :text-thankyouyellow:
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Here are the raw data results from Chappy for Round #8 at Canfield Green; the last Round in this year's CanAm Proxy series.

I'm hoping that this comes out well enough for everyone to see.

Congrats to the winners; #70 - Smokeio (Mike), #23 - Old 23 (Stewart) and #91 - MarkA (Mark)! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

I'll be sending the results to Todd tonight so that he can complete his results table and get it published for everyone to see.

Thanks for running this 8th and final Round for us, Bob and crew - great job! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Next season 2019 I'm thinking unlimited motors - just like the old 1:1 Can-Am series...……………..

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:03 pm

For those looking at the sheet, there are about 5 ties.
4 were broken in the first round by fast lap, 1 was still tied and was broken by the faster qualifying time.
The room was loud and raucous with yells and laughs at some of the close racing and passing.
You know that squeeze when you try to cross the finish line just before time runs out.
Yep it was like that.
Great racing.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Great ball of fire!!
Out in a blaze of glory..... just like Can-Am

Bob - I’m sorry to burn up on your track!! I’ll send you something to make up for it! I can’t stop laughing though and I have to ask...... did it burn the track at all?

I think I geared it so tall - it must have started to melt on the slower tracks....

Thanks for the run Bob. Sorry I caused you such grief!

Congrats to smokieo on closing out a great proxy with a big win for CG!

Or maybe that’s BG...... burnin gearz!

Hey - wait a second - is that some kind of trick where you’re hoping I say don’t bother to send it home? :lol:

Matt
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Dang Matt you caught me, and here i thought i could send you a box of ashes and i would have my dream car lol. :text-nocomment: :angelic-yellow:
No it really is fine and performed well and looks fantastic.
You have made a beauty there my friend.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Old23 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:57 pm

My appreciation to Bob and his team for getting the race done so successfully (for me, anyway!). Congrats to Smokeio on his victory at Canfield Green. It looks like it was a close run thing, so I'm satisfied with second. And I'm very happy that Bob didn't publish the Qualy results in advance of the race. That 28th grid position would certainly have bummed me out! What happened there? Never mind, it obviously all came good in the race with a good finish and fastest lap to boot. This proxy series has been something of a rollercoaster ride for the #23 car. I'm thrilled the car found its groove in time to claw its way to the front in the home stretch. Kudos to Audi1 for putting together a great event. :text-bravo: :text-thankyouyellow:
Stewart
Old23

Postby Aloha » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:59 am

Audi1 what a great series. Chappy thank you and the team for putting on he event.
Congratulations to the top three overall finishers, but really to a great field where there were close racing throughout.
It was fun!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 am

The results from Canfield Green have been posted and the Can Am Proxy is in the books.

First, thanks to Chappy and crew for running the last event at his long, beautiful track. Chappy’s Alfa finished a fine 4th on its home track, an excellent result especially considering that it ran on urethane tires. That fine result lifted the Alfa to an overall 11th place, one point from a top 10 overall position.

The podium at Canfield:
1. Smokeio’s Shadow DN4 qualified 3rd, ran the 2nd fastest lap, and won the race by 0.4 lap over Stewart’s Lola.
2. Stewart’s Lola qualified an unusual 28th but ran the fastest lap during the race and finished a close second to Mike’s DN4.
3. Marka’s Lola continued its remarkable results with a strong 3rd place finish. This showing enabled the car to finish 5th overall, despite only racing 7 of the 8 rounds.

The overall Can Am Proxy Podium
1. Old23, Thunderslot Lola
2. Smokeio, CG Slot Cars Shadow DN4
3. JScotI11, NSR Porsche 917 K

Thanks to all hosts and associated crews who ran the 8 races, and we all owe a debt of gratitude to Allan (Audi1), who spearheaded this proxy and fielded one of the quickest cars. Oddly, his car performed poorly in two rounds and the devastating result at Canfield (35th) dropped his podium capable car to 10th overall.

Thank you, Allan. I’m already looking forward to next year’s Can Am.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:04 am

Mark

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018