Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Re: Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Postby Old23 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Mark, I haven't seen one of those t-shirts in years. Can't even remember who made them. Congrats on the win.
Old23

Postby Smokeio » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:20 pm

There aren’t too many of those t’shirts. You better cherish it because the next time will be an arse kickin.....
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm

Christian uses Race Coordinator and displayed the Median lap time data as well as the Fastest lap data in his race results. The difference between Median and Fastest lap can reveal how stable a car may be when driven near the limit. When the Median lap time is close to the Fastest lap time it is likely a very predictable stable car that, in the hands of a good driver, can be consistently driven quickly.

I thought that it might be interesting to look at that data throughout the field.

One of the Quebec drivers, Georges, said that if he had to pick a car for a fast lap, he would have chosen Mark's car. For a 24-hour race, he would have gone with Stewart's car.

Mark’s car posted the 2nd fastest lap, just off the best time posted by Old23’s car.
For a 24 hour race Georges went with Stewart’s car (and I’m assuming that Old23 is Stewart) which posted the 8th best Median - Fastest lap time.

Audi1’s car seems interesting, data wise. It posted the 5th quickest lap and the 4th best median lap time. However it had the best metric when considering the Median-Fastest lap times. When looking at the statistics, Audi1's car would also be a good choice for a 24 hour race.

Hopefully Christian, a statistics pro, will add his perspective here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 89d0Ktw35I

(the spreadsheet title should read Median - Fastest, not Mean - Fastest)
Refer to TuscoTodd's spreadsheet for official position and points data.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm

It's always nice to look at those fast and median lap times. Every time I drive in an endurance race (12, 18 or 24 hours), I always look at my median time, never at the fastest lap time, which means nothing (in fact, it can be dangerous because you're usually taking risks when trying to beat your best time, which is never good in an endurance race).

Mark's car seems to be better than Stewart's car in that regard but you have to remember that Georges was only of 4 drivers and we don't know if he was the one making the fast lap. The median was taken from all 4 lanes. Mathieu, in the green lane, was a bit slower than the other drivers and green is considered the easiest lane. Georges was in the red lane, which is considered as the most difficult lane on the circuit. If you're good, you can be fast in the red lane. But it's more technical to get the difficult parts dialed in. Georges is good.

Reinis is another fast driver and he was driving the yellow lane, the other middle lane, and he probably recorded almost half of the fastest laps overall. That might explain what we're seeing in the results table compared to what Georges said.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Previous

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018