[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Postby cgingras » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:45 pm

The cars are now in Québec QC. I found them at the front door when I got back home after work. This mailman sure makes things risky around here !!

October is probably the worst month to have a proxy run here in Québec, with everyone preparing their houses for Winter. But I'll try to find a spot in our racing calendar to run this proxy.

Stay tuned!
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Re: Can-Am Proxy - Round #7 - Québec QC - Circuit Courville

Postby cgingras » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Qualification is done. Each car was driven for 75 seconds and the last lap was able to be completed after this time. All cars got enough time to do their best lap.

Green lane was used, I was the driver and Race Coordinator was used for the timing software. I used a Difalco DD304 controller with my custom chip. Track power was at 10.2 volts, the standard voltage here (plenty of power for this track, believe me!). Qualification order was randomly chosen by Race Coordinator. All tires were swiped before each run.

#61 stopped during the first lap. Windows and cockpit were unglued and were blocking the rear tires. Hot glue did the trick.
#28 never started its run. I had to reattach one of the lead wires that broke at the guide.
#70 had a broken rear wing support, it was reglued.

#19 was retired, like the constructor asked to. #33 was nowhere to be found. Is it still running?

There are some very good cars in this group. Also some cars that are less fun to drive. My track is pretty technical and rewards cars with good handling. Raw speed with less handling is probably more of a disadvantage on this track.

Here are the results for Circuit Courville. The race will take place next week, with groups of 4 cars going against each other, starting with the slowest cars and finishing with the fastest cars.

CanAm2018-7Qual.png
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 pm

The 33 was retired after round 3. Safe at home great great qualifying and feedback for all involved. Good Luck to the remaing builders as Barc1 and I watch from the pit area.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Excellent job Christian. I especially like the feedback: always useful to know going forward. I am in the process of having to finish up another proxy entry so I will take this into consideration.

Seems like there are several "clumps" of cars with times that are very close together, so I am very much looking forward to what I suspect could be a very close, very exciting round. Good luck to all.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am

Christian
Thank you for the update
I feel honored to be in the company of Superslab, Smokeio, Radarek and Rleog. I am sure it will be a great race
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks for the qualification results and comments. The Ti-22 isn’t hooking up coming out of corners but still managed a good lap.

In Edmonton it had quickest lap results that placed it within or near the top 10 for each of the four lanes. Despite being that quick, it finished a disappointing 20th. Here’s hoping for a better race result this time.

Thanks for all your efforts. It takes quite awhile to run a proxy this large.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am

Thanks for the great Q-run, Christian! Hope you guys are doing well.

Looking forward to the race.
Mark

Postby Old23 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:38 am

Thanks for the Qualy run, Christian. Excellent feedback, per usual.
I hope that you and your crack team of drivers have a fun race.
Salut,
Stewart
Old23

Postby ALS » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks for the Q round my 66 is stock Box not bad needs a little work better next year ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:14 am

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks for running them Christian and for the detailed feedback. I know I find this info very helpful.

For my #31, you mentioned it lacked power, do you think it's a weak motor or more of less performance due to more drag? ie: not broken in well?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes I glue and Tured I need to do a better job next year. This is my first year learning curve that cool. BETTER Car next year Thanks ALS Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:25 pm

I found my checklist here and I think my Chap's stock rubber isn't stuck..
Glad to see she pulled up a bit this round..
Thanks for the run gang!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks for the Q run and feedback. Helpful information to have for future reference!
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks for running the qualy so quickly, Christian, and for the very detailed comments.

Congrats to Stewart on his horizon job qualy performance!

Looking forward to the race.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018