[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Proxy - Round #5 - Vancouver - Luf's Targa

Can-Am Proxy - Round #5 - Vancouver - Luf's Targa

Re: Can-Am Proxy - Round #5 - Vancouver - Track TBD

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:53 pm

"Too much power"
Hold on a second partner - this is the Can-Am proxy...... I was only limited by a rule that stated the motor had to have a label that said it turned at 22k (I think).... The rule didn't say it had to turn at 22!!
Geeeesh

:laughing-rolling:

Thanks for the run - hopefully the cars were fun! Congrats to everyone on a great round.

Sorry to see the Beast Lee machine take the hit. I guess that means the CG Ti22 is too fast for an HRS chassis!
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Thanks for the run guys, Congrats to all,
I bet my spur is against the pod, plus, I realized I forgot to tweak something during setup,
Not next time tho.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:55 pm

Wow! Welcome home to Canada, Old23! :dance:

I have participated in over 40 proxy race series since 2008 and have had my cars raced at various incarnations of Luf's Targa track several times over those years.... without a taste of victory. What a thrill to score a win in this proxy, and especially at the Targa. :auto-driving:

My thanks to Alwyn and his team for getting the race done so efficiently and, well, successfully. From my point of view, anyway.
Thanks also to Luf for opening his doors once again to the proxy race community. :text-thankyouyellow:

I can only hope that whatever magical combination of Targa track parameters that made this result possible will also be found at the upcoming Canadian venues. Bring them on, baby!

It's getting crowded at the top of the standings and nobody's running away with this proxy yet. It's now, at minimum, a three horse race. :music-rockout:

Stewart/Old23
Old23

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 pm

I finished where I qualified? Even at 29th I'll take it! At least the Tamiya Camel Yellow is a consistent beast.

Thanks to Luf and the gang for helping us out in a pinch. I'd like to think RetroRacer44 was there help you guys marshal the event. :text-thankyouyellow: :flags-canada:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:18 pm

Nice thought Mike, i bet he was there.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bov » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi All,

Thanks to all concerned for putting on the round ( particularly in such an efficient manner ) - congrats to the Podiumites!

Please to see the Zep Mobile move up from Qualifying - clearly not as dramatic as the last round, but great to see and nonetheless..... it's "Dancing Days" again.... :banana-dance:

You know I couldn't go without a Led Zep song reference ..... :music-rockout:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:40 am

Thank you Sir Slab and the GVSCC for running the round on the Luf track. Would've loved video and the hill climb. Way to pull this all off also on such short notice. Congratulations to the Lola's as I figured it was just a matter of time and JScott for all out consistency with the Porsche!!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Final results update

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:40 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Can-Am Proxy - Round #5 - Vancouver - Luf's Targa

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 am

Thanks for running this Round for us, Alwyn and crew; particularly on such short notice. I think you broke the Proxy Turn-Around Record by several days, possibly by several weeks...……!

Congrats to Stewart (old23), Mark (marka) and Scott (jscot111) on their podium finishes. As Bob (relog) said, always a pleasure to race on Luf's Targa and thanks to Luf for making his track available to us on short notice when the planned track got dismantled...……

Next up - Round #6 - Dariusz (radarek) and crew in Edmonton at the GETCARS track. Who knows what will happen there...……….stay tuned for more Can-Am racing!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:29 am

Congrats to the podiumites, and thanks for the awesome qualifying and race run for the #91!

Definitely not many races out there where no major shake-ups occur between Qualifying and the Race - I think this means you guys have a good group of equally skilled drivers. You guys must have awesome, close club racing!

Thanks again!

Mark
Mark

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:57 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Previous

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018