[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway MA

Can-Am Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway MA

Re: Can-Am Round #2 - Cornerstone Raceway MA

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Mark

Postby Changing-Gearz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:08 am

Thanks for the run! Congrats to the podiumites!!
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:47 am

Updated tire information...Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 am

Paul Gage tires on the #13 Autocoast ti-22...

:auto-layrubber:
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 am

The Mrollingthunder #17 commerative car is on NSR Ultragrips.

Thanks for filling out this tire comparison chart, Bob. I'm not sure what can actually be taken away from the data, but in general the rubber tires seem to be better positioned than the urethane tires. NSR Ultragrips seem to be the rubber tires of choice in most situations.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 am

"I'm not sure what can actually be taken away from the data, but in general the rubber tires seem to be better positioned". audi1

My interpretation is that the data convincingly demonstrate an advantage to running on soft rubber tires. The best urethane tire showing, by someone whom I would refer to as an expert tuner, was 10th place, and the next best Urethane finish after that was 17th place.

Another tire comment that I was curious about was Bob Methe's opinion that the Slot.it N22 tires seemed to hold their grip the longest during his runs at Cornerstone. The results of his Chaparral 2E support this, yet Christian Gingrich's Lola, also on N22's, finished in nearly the same position as in the race at River Run, and a Ti-22 on N22 tires finished well back in the pack.

Soft rubber tires seem to have a distinct advantage, but choosing from among the soft rubber brands looks to be subjective at this point.

I'm not looking for controversy here nor am I casting doubt on Bob M's judgement. He ran the cars and he's kind of familiar with Cornerstone Raceway. I'm just trying to understand the results.

Thanks for all your efforts in organizing and running the Cornerstone race, Bob, and for compiling and publishing the tire data.

Bob G.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mether05 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:12 pm

I totally understand, I don’t think you can derive anything from the results! :lol:

Way too many variables, drivers, tires, car setups etc... My comment on mine and Christians cars was that they didn’t lose grip! I wasn’t even aware of the other cars with the same tire! That said, the car was then in the hands of the drivers in the Proxy. Maybe if Christian drove his car his results may have been better, I have no clue.

With 3 drivers running the race, there wasn’t any time to have insights on every car. Christian had recommended these tires and I tried them, I watched his and my car carefully, and compared them to the others. Like I had posted, Smokeio’s car didn’t lose grip either, most other cars did.

I am no expert on rubber/urethane tires, I run silicones! I tested 4 brands before I arrived at my tire choice, guess I’ll see how it plays out from here.

Wish there was a more direct correlation of build data and race results! We need an app!!!
mether05
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:05 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks for the update, Todd!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Thanks for the hard work Todd: much appreciated!

One thing the score-sheet emphasises for me is how consistently inconsistent my entry has been thus far: 4th - 16th - 4th! Where next: 36th????

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:26 pm

I hear you there Alwyn. I can say my finishes were a little more consistent. Consistently in the back but that's OK . :D
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018