[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am 2018 - the cars are starting to arrive!

Can-Am 2018 - the cars are starting to arrive!

Re: Can-Am 2018 - the cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:38 am

:lol: :lol: :text-goodpost:
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello All,

I guess I was too subtle in my post in the thread about initial qualifying, so I guess this is the correct thread to raise this issue....

According to this thread, at least 7 cars arrived after the due date declared by the rules (May1st).

My question (and I hope it's a question shared by others who managed to abide by that rule) is "what's the upshot of this rule violation?" or, is this one of those "Nah, it doesn't really matter - after all it's just somewhat grown men playing with toy cars.."

So, yes - I do take proxy racing seriously. Yes - I do plan a long way ahead to make sure my entries arrive (usually a very long way away..) on time. Yes - had I known the due date wasn't really such, then yes - I could've spent more time on my entry... Whether that would've made my entry any more competitive is beside the point...

ok - rant over, back to having fun....
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:31 am

Hi Tony, Thanks for the comment, I've sent you a PM that I hope provides a satisfactory explanation of this point.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sat May 12, 2018 6:47 am

Hi Allan,

Thanks for taking the time to send that PM. I do understand your position... You could've just posted that reply in the thread, it is suitable for a wider audience who might be wondering...

Of the number of things I've learned and forgotten over more than 10 years of participation in slot car proxies, a couple are:

1. The greatest attribute you need to participate in proxy racing is patience, &
2. Not everyone is as fastidious in their planning as me (just ask my family and friends..) :roll:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat May 12, 2018 11:46 am

Hello Guys

The one car Allan said is missing is my and is still in hands of post. That doesn't change a fact that it was send late too. I knew the rules so if someone is to blame then is me. So many of great proxies around hard to pick one plus life and work and other things in the way so my bad. Will try better next time...

Best luck to all.

Smokeio - car is a car but would be not a much without your tunning skills. Is not the quantity but quality of the tunning done by you.
Need to try cg slot cars one day. Great reviews all around.

Best regards
Dariusz aka radarek
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Can we all see the response? I have the same question.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey Darius your not alone, mine didnt arrive until the 7th at Allans. Between both postal services and Customs what can i say.
I will be willing to withdraw my entry if it is what the proxy group desires.
No one knows what is going on in my life including surprises even to me.
I think that a deadline is a deadline which yes i also failed to meet.
I think it best I not to enter anymore proxies until life settles down for me .
My apologies to all.
Allan, feel free to send my Alfa home.
Best regards
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:40 pm

I have no issue with late cars as long as the schedule is not significantly compromised or delayed while we wait on cars. Ie if they arrive late and miss the first race then they earn zero laps. If the cars show up after the due date but before the first race is run, then they are not late in my book.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Thank you Allan. No implication or assumption, just looking for clarification. I will, however, keep this in mind for future proxies. I'm kind of a ruels are rules for a reason person. When I read deadline or due date, I assume that means failure to comply would have some impact. I am certain the car I sent would not be the same car if I had one more outting at the track with it. Spilled milk at this point.
Last edited by cj74 on Sun May 13, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Rules are to keep everyone in fair zone. Sorry to everyone who may feel a bit disappointed with cars showing late to the party. Will do better next time :banana-dance:
Last edited by Radarek on Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:53 am

OK guys, time to put this "deadline" genie back in the bottle and get on with the racing.

Good luck to everyone!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:04 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sun May 13, 2018 8:33 am

Dan

I will rubberized track for you. You did a big step forward my friend.

I had my ass kicked by Arrold in other proxy....... :banana-dance:

Regards
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun May 13, 2018 8:43 am

You guys are like Val and me. A nice bit of friendly competition.
I think Val may have me this time round tho. He is progressing at an incredible rate and nice builds too.
I look forward to this stuff, even mid pack its a friendly bit of competition.
And i think Val feels the same.
Good luck everyone
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018