[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Rather then use an existing shell, I decided I would build a complete car. Here is a progress shot of my Ferrari 350. I molded this car earlier and had a cast sitting around. Got it cleaned up and coat of paint on it ready for decals. Cast my own Ferrari wheel inserts and got those installed this morning. I am sure I have ample Ferrari decals from earlier projects, so I don't think I will need to print out any more decals. Car will wear number 19. I will leave off the Red and Blue Pinstripping of Chris Amon's car as I have always like Ferrari's and their solid red, and I have always been hesitant to add the pinstripes. My plan is to scribe panel lines into the paint, prior to decaling

I am working on the driver right now. Car still needs all the grills installed and of course a windscreen. I posted this under the scratchbuilding section but might as well include a picture of the chassis it will be running here. A scratch built brass chassis with re-purposed Avant motor pod. Car has rear bearings and uses Brass bushings on the front axle. Motor is a Minebea 17K 130 can

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Build Progress

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 am

I got moving right along on the Ferrari 350 Can Am entry. Got the decals applied and other details. As the number 19 was never actually raced, I took the liberty of painting on the Yellow stripe that the P4's worn at Sebring. I always like the stark contrast of the yellow against the red. The rest of the markings are straight from a photo of a 350 raced in the series. All that is left to do now is vacuum form a windscreen. Then I will do a bunch of testing to try and get this running as best as it can.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Cool :banana-dance:
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GASSERMAN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Nice job. Keep them coming. Bob.............
GASSERMAN
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm

That's a really nice looking Ferrari 350, Dan! I agree, the red with the yellow stripe is a hard combo to beat on a Ferrari (like the old Scalextric 330/P4 #24). Great detail on the rear and the wheel inserts really make the car. Has a nice low stance to it, too.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Decisions, decisions....

Postby SuperSlab » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:08 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

From bad to worse!

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm

I had sort of decided on the Lola T70 but then I took another one of my Slot.it Ford GT40's to the track last night. This one is more comparable to the Lola & McLaren as I had started preparing this for a different proxy so it also has NSR Supergrip tyres on it. And its performance further clouded matters! It really is a treat to drive and pretty darn fast to boot. The best lap times for the three contenders are now as follows:

6.366 Ford GT40
6.380 Lola T70 Spyder
6.386 McLaren M8D

Could it POSSIBLY be closer than that?

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:31 pm

First test complete..... Need to finish up some details and put a fast Piranha in it!

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm

That looks like trouble for the other builders Matt. It appears I'm bringing a butter knife to a missle fight.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: From bad to worse!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: From bad to worse!

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Well my Alfa is coming nicely , wheels , tires , guide , braids all done, now to play with the gearing and see where it gets me.
Balance will be included but i dont like to add weight so it could be tricky.
A, Adamowich would be proud to drive this replica and likely finish just as high, or was that low in the standings lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 am

Tony "A-to-Z" Adamowitz usually placed well in his class. Take a look at his TransAm Porsche 911; it took home the top U 2.0 prize in that series.

Good luck; the Alfa (Slot.It Alfa T33/4 - right?) is a fun car to tune.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:13 pm

I wish someone made this car:

Ferrari 712

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018