[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Re: Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Postby Audi1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm liking what I'm seeing on that Honker body! Nice job so far. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Yes indeed that body is shaping up nicely!!!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Behind engine filled in and raised a bit.

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Started the rear but now time to sleep

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 am

Hmmmmm That looks great Austin. I like this one - I may have to build myself one in my "spare time"....

FWIW the color is 1955 ford regency purple....
Nearest thing in a spray can is probably Tamiya TS59. I didn't see anything else close on a quick surf through the web - besides nail polish colors.
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 pm

I painted a model back in my college days with a purple pearl over silver. I t killed the pearl and resembles this color. I will need to dig in the basement to post a pic
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Started on the front today, shorter, no lower lights, & changing the air outlet.

The rear is looking like this. I just neeeeeeeed to do a little more filing to open up the 2 holes

Not looking ahead as to making that spoiler

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Sounds like it's coming out great!

How about working out a F2F hand-off for the chassis? I'll bring you the MRollingThunder '49 Ford, you bring me the Honker chassis. Maybe midway in between the "Merrimacs"............?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Sounds good, Anyday but Thursday I get out of work at 3pm or anytime Saturday. You name the place and your cell #.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 pm

OK, what's halfway? How about Exit 3 off 93; that's Windham. I could do it Friday at, say, 4:00PM, if that works for you.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 am

Here's the testors purple pearl over silver it maybe too purple as I look at it ow but hope it helps. As the progress is awesome!!!! And I'm already saving for the bidding

IMG_3905.JPG
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:54 am

Exit 3 off 93; that's Windham. I could do it Friday at, say, 4:00PM, if that works for you.
I will be there
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:29 am

OK, when you get off at Exit 3, go East towards Windham. After you come up the hill from the exit there's a gas station on the right at the first big intersection; I'll meet you there at 4:00PM. My cell is 570 269 6364 if you can't find me. Bring the Honker body; I'd like to see it in the flesh!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Well i finally got my paint booth assembled, now to do up the body and hope it comes out right. I actually made the box portion out of foamcore board and an upside down stove hood. A display cabinet light keeps it well lit and it vents through a clothes dryer vent kit. Total cost about $4 for the foam board, everything else from the scrap pile,.
Already testedcand works fine. Oh i forgot, i did put a furnace filter before the vent so the majority of paint overspray gets captured in it and the fumes go out the basement window. Now to get cracking for the proxy.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018