[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Re: Can-Am 2018 Proxy - Build Progress

Postby Doubl-B » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Allan:
I appreciate the tips.
Thanks!
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Well, Austin has the Honker body that he's building out.........and I have the chassis:

....or do I.........?:

;) Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Hope it runs as well as it looks Thanks Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:29 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 am

Nothing like a 612 to spice up the Can-Am mix! Nice details on the body, Alexis. Good luck with the testing.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:06 am

The #12 is in the mail today - should be there in about 8 /10 days. Would appreciate hearing that it made it ok.... :text-thankyouyellow:

I fear it's a bit underpowered, and the YDs probably a bit underprepared :roll: - but Hope springs eternal.....

Do wish she'd stop doing that..... :lol:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:17 am

Hope's a good girl, I think she'll spring well again this year................ :roll:

I'll keep an eye out for your entry.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:45 am

Alexis,
Not you behind :P I'll be starting on my car this week. CG Slots 3D chassis. Running gear to be determined.
Laid out the parts last night. I need to order some tires. May change the wheels to resemble the stock star wheels. But I had these.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:02 am

Ok Alan,... You asked for one, you got one! This is as close as I could come to the Frank Capua McKee MK10 from the opening sequence of the movie “Winning” (one of my favorites). I believe this to be the earliest version of the MK10 since it doesn’t sport the trans-cooler or spoiler. Underneath the Strombecker body is a slightly modified Sebring chassis with the stock slimline. Because of body width and motor configuration, I don’t expect it to keep up, but it sure was a fun build....

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:59 pm

That "wedge" looks super, Val! We'll look forward to running it come early May. Thanks for stepping outside the box to put this little gem together!

And what's with the blue flag.........? He's clearly got the inside line on that corner..........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Allan,
posting here since my post in PM did not work.

Here is the fonts I came up with for the Don Murphy memorial car.

I found a good shot of how the driver name is displayed.

The "mrollingtunder" would go over the rear wheel arch. Curve can be adjusted and the size is only to show here. If I do this in clear film, I will have to add some light color to the 'white' area".
The Driver name info is in the closest font I could find in Word, The grayish one is sampling so I can see what it may look like if I go with clear film.

If you have any suggestions or changes or thoughts on doing anything different let me know. If you are OK, I can do some scale test prints on paper and use my Lola car to get some estimates of how it will look.
Maybe I can also then post my progress of my Lola for the Can-Am proxy. :)

Cheers,
Mike
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 am

Those look really good, Mike! The font for the driver is definitely close enough to be nice match and the mrollingthunder looks fine to me and will be fine either left clear or with some light cream/light yellow/light some other color added. I would keep the decals on clear; it's just much easier that way for the person applying the decals.

The Honker body is being fashioned from an NSR Ford P68 and there won't be any modifications made to the rear wheel well, so if you have, or can get ahold of, an NSR P68, then you can get the curve from that. If not, then Austin can send you some close up pics of the rear wheel well area and some measurements.

Looking very good - thanks!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:24 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 am

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Last chance saloon

Postby SuperSlab » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Fellow competitors will no doubt be pleased to hear that, since my last post, I have been diligently beavering away at tuning the very last bit of performance OUT of my entry! Oh woe is me: I just cannot leave well enough alone!

* Started off with my ex-2013 CanAm proxy Lola. This car was barely OK-ish: finished 14 out of 20 entries in the P class. Not an auspicious start to its career....
* Some time ago I thought this car really never performed to its potential so I did some "remedial work" to it. I must say it ran quite decently at that stage. As reported earlier: did a 6.380 scond lap on Luf's Targa, which is a very decent lap time.
* Changed the wheels and tyres to be compliant with this proxy.... and promptly increased the lap time to 6.427: NOT the direction I was hoping for...
* I ran the car again over this past weekend... and could only achieve a 6.469 second lap!

Given what I have achieved thus far I cannot afford to do any more work on the car as it is likely to push the lap time out to something like 7 seconds!

But, much against my better judgement, I have decided to give it one last shot! I have never been particularly happy with the tyres currently on the car so I have prepared another set of NSR Supergrips as a last hurrah. I will be taking the car to the track on Friday evening (our regular weekly races) and see how it goes. Whichever set of tyres does the best (however good, bad or indifferent that "best" is!) will stay on the car and I will ship it out.

The die is cast.

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018