[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Proxy Builds 2018

Proxy Builds 2018

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Re: Proxy Builds 2018

Postby arroldn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Dan I may agree with you on the point of U2 still running an 18K motor. No way the smaller cars could have kept up with V8 powered Detroit Iron. 8-)

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:39 pm

I read the rules and didnt even bother entering or assembling my Alfa for U2... Agreed 18k max...

Also, it appears my entry has arrived, according to USPS...

:auto-driving:
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:30 pm

After realizing that most folks would abstain from putting a 21.5k in their U2 cars, we will be making changes next year to do just that - two motor classes - U2/O2 as it is in real life.

Cars have been arriving in bulk. I've had to assure the fetching Mrs. Reinecke that I've not gone on a wild purchasing binge...not sure she believed it. :angry-tappingfoot:
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 pm

I think running different motors in the U2 class next year will be fun
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 am

Well, I sent the little Imp V 3.0 with a big motor for U2 class, I hope it sticks and can run with the other big block cars. If it holds together, (it should) it will run an 18k next year.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, here’s Tiny Alice driving the number 20 “Channel Cat” Barracuda and our unnamed driver from last year driving the number 66 “Cherry Bomb” Mini... both named for their respective paint jobs. The Cat is running on a 3D Chassis meant for a Revell Mustang and the Bomb has a brass chassis. Now did someone say small motors for small cars? ....heck no, the Bomb has a Piranha stuffed into it....notice the consistent Fish theme? Both are on their way Northwest today...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:19 am

Two for the show........ Glad to see that they arrived at PDR on time!

I was particularly pleased to find a U2 body carrying the #44; a good way for me to remember Retro Racer 44 and his myriad contributions to the hobby.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:52 am

Glad to see the Chevy made it unscathed.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:51 pm

OK, Cars shipped last night. Stuff happened. Should arrive Saturday.
#42 SCX Cuda
Stock Chassis
Piranha 21.5K Motor
Front Tires and Wheels Stock
Rear Tires Yellow Dogs Wheels CB Design Insert
Pinion 9T Spur 26T 2.89
Guide Sloting Plus
Weight 96.8 grams
20 Lap qualifying run 57.06 Fast Lap 2.78
Average 57.85 Fast Lap 2.71

This is 2.95 secs faster than the fastest COY Forums Cup car that ran here this summer with a time of qualifying time of 1.01 secs Fast lap 2.78

#89 SCX Cuda
Olifer 3D
Piranha 21.5K Motor
Front Tires Yellow Dog Zero Grip Wheels CB Design Insert
Rear Tires Paul Gauge Wheels CB Design Insert
Guide Sloting Plus
Pinion 12T Spur 33T 2.75
Weight 82.6 grams
20 Laps 57.84 Fast Lap 2.62
Average 57.86 Fast Lap 2.65

I just hope I crack into the top ten this year. I was surprised to see the stock SCX chassis is faster than the Olifer chassis with independent front axle. The #48 Cuda with the HRS Chassis was 2 secs slower running 20 laps with an average of 59.84. Still faster than all Forums Cup COY cars from 2017. Can't wait for the fun to begin.
OH no lights on the #89 Cuda this year. The hardware is there and I was going to replace the burned out front lights.This is a different body thank last years that had both front and rear lights working. Ran out of time. Who's Idea was that 2 car limit? I couldn't get my Piranha powered Challenger #53 from the 2016 Pony Car Wars to crack under the 1 min mark. So at home it will sit.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:58 am

Arroldn great looking cars and your builds are getting faster and faster my Friend
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Well I see my hauler arrived today one day ahead of ETA. Looking forward to a great series.

Arrold 8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy